B. jacksoni indentity..revisited

DE3

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 30 gal communal going that contains approx 30 "B jacksoni" -- inclusive of an approx number of 1 & 2 instar babes.

Most of the specimens came from an AB member dealer, and their id is as certain as it gets. I also tossed in four adults from a different dealer, and those seem to look a bit different than the majority of my group, now that I've watched them for a while.

Of course, the variation may be due to different original localities, etc. But I'm begining to wonder if the four adults that I'm not comfortable with the id are actually say, O. dentatus....

Pictured below are mother and babes I just discovered under the water dish, as I was doing maintanence.

Identity opinions?

Does anyone notice anything unusual in the smaller pic, just left of center? ...A third (unusual) spur is a small possibility I suppose, or just a hair?

Thx in advance,
'3

Attachments

Last edited:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
humm i have NO IDEA!?

i posted on another forum, where there are lots of experts, and i still got an uncertain reply, mostly because my specimen is subadult.

O.dentatus has a REALLY thick tail compared to Babycurus
here are a few pix of mine (subadult by 1-2 moults)

its either babycurus spp(not jacksoni apparently), or Odonturus also ;(
maybe the tail will get thicker upon adulthood

yours have a more B.jacksonis camouflage colour, but i suppose everything is possible..

Attachments

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hmm,
mabe yours is like mine? another babycurus spp?
bah, i give up..

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Actually there's a huge difference in coloration of adults v. juvies in this spp. I wish they would keep the camouflage when they were adults :(