b. jacksoni babies

jawlessemu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
last week i had my first brood of scorplings from b. jacksoni. They have molted to 2i this past friday and wondered how long they stay on her back. i figured theyd be off by now. anyone got any suggestions?

inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Generally, once they reach 2i, they will come off the mother's back after 7-10 days, but depending on environmental conditions, they might disperse earlier of later. I have had scorplings stay with the mother only 2 days after molting to 2i and some stay on the mother for close to 20 days after molting to 2i.

CT9A

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow my b. jacksonis just had babies around the same time. what a coiencedence. I have had alot of jacksoni scorplings and mine usually take 7-10 days. Thats in room temperature. Also add a little extra humidity for the scorplings. and good luck :)

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They probably already are leaving her back, but there will always be a few mamas boys who stay on there, and the ones that do leave her back will generally run back to mom when disturbed.

hotbugs62

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Be sure there is a vertical hide about 45 degrees so they can molt properly. I learned that out the hard way. I lost almost half of my first batch before I found this out. Good luck, one of my favorite species.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
all three of my females just had babies too lol

keeping them all the instars together for the time being, will seperate if i see signs of canabalism, but i doubt i will because i keep my little guys faaat
;P

finding them all will suck, theres about 40 in a ten gallon

jawlessemu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they all came off yesterday. and i seperated them all into deli cups a grand total of 21 babies :}

jawlessemu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they all came off yesterday. and i seperated them all into deli cups a grand total of 21 babies :}