B. jacks together before adulthood?

Anthony Straus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have been told many times before that you should not keep Babycurus jacksoni together until they are adults...and they seem to mostly cannibalize their cagemates when they are molting.

Has anyone keep juvenile B. jacks together and simply separated the scorps as they enter premolt?

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I

I have not had this problem before. I keep same size with same size. Granted I have had smaller with bigger and the bigger eat the smaller sometimes.

RichardMorris

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had b jacksoni together from 3i to adulthood and no problems. No one got eaten during a molt.

Keep them well fed and risk should be reduced.

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
50 50 chance. The question is whether or not it is a risk you are willing to take if you ask me. Even if scorps show no aggression towards each other, they can and will eat one another....even if they AREN'T hungry.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
its a good rule of thumb, to just keep immature scorpions separate until they are mature. If you have any doubts, don't put them together.

Its a crap shoot to say if any will get eaten, some will tell you yes, some will tell you no. Considering their somewhat common cannabalistic nature, I would put odds on siblings being eaten, so I have never taken the chance and put immature scorps together. Takes up more space, but its easier to document growth and no one dies needlessly.