B. hamorii and P. metallica slings

FrancescoResca

Arachnopeon
27F01366-24FB-4EFA-9D32-2EB116941378.jpeg image.jpg 52D21B9E-E46F-4DED-86E7-7F5609C47805.jpeg image.jpg Hi, this is my second thread on this forum so feel free to criticize my usage of both forum and english language!
I posted some time ago about my b. hamorii not eating, after a week or so from that post it molted and started eating like crazy! I'll post a photo of her new enclosure and of her (or him) so you can tell me if it is ok.

Recently i was gifted a p. metallica sling bought at a local store and was given to me in a glass jar that i don't like (i don't know why). Do you think it's good? Also i didn't expect to get p. metallica soon so i don't really know temps, umidity or even basic information about arborials, feel free to tell me anything to improve her condition. Also is anyone capable of venter sexing this tarantula? I’ve read that with p.metallica i quite easy.

Thanks to everyone that will respond to this tread!

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
You'll have to rehouse your P. metallica into something different. Glass jar will only allow you a little bit of ventilation and you'll need more on sides. Provide your new P. metallica some piece of cork bark and fake leaves so it can feel secure there and make itself a hide. They are asian arboreals so they'll like relatively high humidity butI recommend you watch Tom Moran video about Poecilotheria genus, he's included a lot of information about husbandry.

For your B. hamorii, put something else into its enclosure. A hide, maybe some fake leaves etc. And don't forget about a water dish.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At the size of your Poecilotheria metallica you definitely need to keep it humid until at least 4” to 4.5” inches. You can keep them completely dry after a certain size. They don’t need to be kept humid as an adult unless you know that the female was gravid and you want her to hopefully produce a sac for you.

FrancescoResca

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the answers! I was thinking about changing enclosure for the p. Metallica from the first time i’ve seen it, i would like to have one that opens at the front for cleaning purposes and that has cross ventilation... but i don’t know where to get it.
Regarding b. Hamorii i can’t find a pet store that sells cork bark hides in my zone... where do you get it? Online?
I guess ventral sexing isn’t a thing because noone responded so i guess i will be waiting for molts.
So my questions are: where can i find cork barks and proper enclosure for p. Metallica?