B. cabocla abdominal hernia?? Cyst???

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
So about 1-1.5 weeks ago, my bumba cabocla sealed itself it it's hide. I assumed it was molting and left it alone.
Today I was putting some water in it's dish and decided to take a little peek inside it's house.

Little dude molted!
I was so happy, everything looked great!

And then I see the bump on it's abdomen.

Anyone have any tips other than to not over feed it, and hope it molts again? Or any spider cyst/hernia stories or experiences? None of my Ts have ever had this happen.

Right now it's resealing itself in the hide, so I don't think it's too hungry, I'll probably feed it in a week.

Tips/advice/constructive criticism is appreciated.

Thanks!

(The lump is the grey on the right side of the abdomen)

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
my h mac had a weird abdomen a couple molts ago, the abdomen had a huge dent in it that didnt go away, i dont know what happened or if it was even a problem, but i more or less power fed it to its next molt. never had a T with a bump though, maybe something went wrong during molt and a hole was punctured in the abdomen and some of the Ts guts came out?

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
my h mac had a weird abdomen a couple molts ago, the abdomen had a huge dent in it that didnt go away, i dont know what happened or if it was even a problem, but i more or less power fed it to its next molt. never had a T with a bump though, maybe something went wrong during molt and a hole was punctured in the abdomen and some of the Ts guts came out?
Yeah that's what I think happenes.
I'm nervous to feed it a lot though because I don't want it to rupture :(

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
If you haven't already, read the "stickie" : Cysts/Cancer in tarantulas.
I have a P. striata that developed a growth/cyst on the left side of her abdomen. First seen at the 2" size, she has molted 3 times, lump is still there. Its size has enlarged proportionally with each successful molt. It doesn't seem to bother her in any manner, as if its not there. I feed her regularly, 2-3 crickets/roaches per week, same as the other pokies. If I can get a decent photo of her I'll post it for you.

Edit: photo taken at feeding around midnight last night.

Attachments

Last edited:

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
If you haven't already, read the "stickie" : Cysts/Cancer in tarantulas.
I have a P. striata that developed a growth/cyst on the right side of her abdomen. First seen at the 2" size, she has molted 3 times, lump is still there. Its size has enlarged proportionally with each successful molt. It doesn't seem to bother her in any manner, as if its not there. I feed her regularly, 2-3 crickets/roaches per week, same as the other pokies. If I can get a decent photo of her I'll post it for you.
Thanks! I'll probably make a post in the sticky soon :)