b. albopilosum

thunder_chunky

Arachnopeon
I recently got a couple of brachypelma albopilosum and was just looking for some info that people had and any suggestions, right now they are around the 3/4" mark and are kept in small containers with peatmoss

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Keep them very simple. Decent amount of substrate. Mist the sides of its home for water. Feed pinheads, fruitflies, pieces of mealworm or pieces of cricket.

These are pretty simple to care for.

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah easy to care for and super cute t's too! Heres a pic of mine! (still fairly small)

Last edited:

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At 3/4" they should be fine with small crickets. Here's a pic of my 1/8-incher with a crick more than half his size!:

(And if you're interested, here's a thread w/ a vid of him corralling fruit flies:
Baby B. albopilosum triumphs over Drosophila
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=139493 )

So far, this guy is just amazing!

--Diane

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Keep them exactly like G. rosea. Great little pet rocks, once they reach adulthood, you can carry them around like teddy bears!

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Everything has been pretty much covered already.
I feed all my guys once a week. If you can't get pinheads, you could use a larger cricket, but squash the head first so it dosn't bite back.
If you got them from the TC table, I may have been the one you got them from:)
If you ever have any questions ask away. :D

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Here is a note about this species:

From what I have seen, they dig extensively when young, but as they get larger they tend to just sit out in the open a lot and do not bother with digging. I have one that just hooked out, and he looks AMAZING! Unfortunately, there are no batteries anywhere in my house, so I have no pics. You will have to settle for the one of him pre-molt that I posted in that other topic:

Very calm, though they can flick hairs. I gave mine hides at first, but neither of them use them; they prefer just to sit out in the open non-stop. One of them has not left his old molt mat for more than a drink of water or a cricket for about 2 months now.

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gambite--sweet pic! Also, nice notes on their behavior.

Funny how T's sometimes cling to their molts!

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Last edited:

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Sorry for double posting, but you guys are in luck! He relaxed enough for me to get some really nice shots of him.

Also, another note about this species: It is not as slow growing as a lot of other Bracypelmas are. Would you believe that this guy went from 1/2" sling to THIS in only one year? Thats powerfeeding for you. I have been cramming crickets down my B boehmi's mouth, and he has only grown about 2" in the year that I have had him.

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW! He's beautiful!! What amazing colors!

I'm delighted to see your pics since I've just acquired the little sling I posted above...Already I'm quite taken by its activity...

Very nice molt pics as well...but what's with the one that looks like there's blood (& not spider blood!) dripping from the, uh...Wait--are those the new ends of the pedipalps?!

Gorgeous animal. Are you going to breed him?

--Diane

hasani1408

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my curly is about 5 inches and it bull dozes everything. It took all the substrate and put it on one side of the tank,packed its hut full of substrate and put the water dish under the mound of substrate. It sure puts on a good show.

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
WOW! He's beautiful!! What amazing colors!

I'm delighted to see your pics since I've just acquired the little sling I posted above...Already I'm quite taken by its activity...

Very nice molt pics as well...but what's with the one that looks like there's blood (& not spider blood!) dripping from the, uh...Wait--are those the new ends of the pedipalps?!

Gorgeous animal. Are you going to breed him?

--Diane
Keep in mind that there may be some differences in color between males and females, so dont expect one exactly like mine when yours matures. And yes, those are the new "ends" of his pedipalps. Not sure what I am going to do yet, but if I do not breed him someone else will.

maroc

Arachnopeon
Here is a note about this species:

From what I have seen, they dig extensively when young, but as they get larger they tend to just sit out in the open a lot and do not bother with digging. I have one that just hooked out, and he looks AMAZING!
Just curious here, would this hold true for females? Its cuz im hopin my curly would turn out a female and i've read on some other thread that male Ts generally tend to be out on the open more than females do since its by instinct that adult male Ts wander out in the open in search of mates.

lordddelgado

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma Albopilosum

Anyone of you knows whats the life span of brachypelma albopilosum?
My brachypelma albopilosum is digging extensively she/he also have this multiple tunnels of network underground when i put her in an 24 gallons aquarium with couple of live mealworm, after couple of days many mealworms are dead, they look mutilated, others are bitten with distinctive holes not eaten (bloody left over) is that behavior ok? she/he 's just 1.7 inches. :? :? :?