**AZ Bark had babies!**

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
heh, i imagine you're going to have quite a few takers... me included :)

ssslither

Arachnopeon
AZ barks????

In my above post, I mentioned I had a few; well here they are...

Are these both the same, i.e. AZ Barks with one being male & the other female, or are different species?

There are 50 in this holding tank.

Last edited:

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ssslither said:

Are these both the same, i.e. AZ Barks with one being male & the other female, or are different species?

There are 50 in this holding tank.
Those are absolutely beautiful, I'm jealous, Congratulations!! :)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
awesome, in my ill-educated opinion i would definitely say you have some bark scorpions there :)

one way you can tell the sex is by looking at the underside of the scorpion. there are some external organs called pectines or pectens that look sort of like two feathers attached to the center of where all the legs would meet. generally speaking for scorpions, males have longer more like, dramatic pectines and females have shorter more compact pectines. if you have a number of individuals from a species for comparison (and i would definitely say you do :) ) it should be pretty easy to tell the sexes apart. just be careful! those aren't deathstalker scorpions, but they can pack a good punch and are DEFINITELY dangerous to your little girl

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ssslither said:

Hi,

the one on the left is a female and the one on the right a male. In most Centruroides spp the males are showing the sexual dimorphism of slender and more elongated metasoma segments than the females.

Regards
Alex

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
these are a really nice species..
ive never appreciated them until now!

risingconvictio

Arachnopeon
I am the somewhat annoyed and unintentional owner of many barks... usually find about one a week in a sink.

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'd like to buy all the bark scorpions you have left ssslither for a big communal tank I'm trying to put togeather. Do you still have them available?

ssslither

Arachnopeon
Wow!!!

I wasn't expecting the number of responses my plight has generated. I'm will be PM'ing each of those who have sent me a PM.

BTW - the number available is now 55. ;P :D :worship:

Thanks for the warm welcome & willingness to "adopt" these little guys & gals.

scorpdaddy

Arachnopeon
My Cen.Am. Bark is a mother of 20.THey are 3 wks old. they eat 1/4 inch crickets. The substrate is a mix of 50% Shredded coconut husk, and 50% PLAIN potting soil. Humidity is kept at a steady 80%. Temp is a constant 78 degrees. For moisture I mist 1 time a week(not the babies). I use Gut-Load cricket water at all times. I have thus far had nothing but success.