Avicularia Versicolor growth

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I apologize if this is in another thread.I really did try looking.
Has anyone kept a dated record of the growth of their A. Versicolor?

jakeh

Arachnopeon
I didn't keep a record of the size increases that came along with each molt, but I can tell you the dates of the molts, since I have had mine, and that currently around 4" and that it was around .75" when I received it.
6JUL11
17AUG11
25SEP11
13DEC11
11FEB12
12APR12
Hope that helps a bit.

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you that is very helpful.Can You tell me if it is male or female,how often you fed it, and at around what temps you keep it at?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have three supposed females, as theyve grown quite slow despite ample feeding.

Got them at 3rd instar last March. It's been a year and three months and they're all at about 3" or so.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
I just sold my last versicolor that I had since 3i-4i and about six months later it was barely 2". Safe to say that was probably a female. I keep my room consistently 75-80F depending on the time of day, and I feed my slings every five days.

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
-A. versicolor (Martinique Tree Spider) named GSP
~1½" - 2" unsexed sling
Last Molt: 5/25/2012 *Still blue, looking bigger
4/5/2012 *Bulkier, still blue
2/06/2012 *Incredibly blue and white.
12/30/2011
11/8/2011
^9/17/2011

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
so at what size do they typically start the color change? or at least make the color change for you (you being anybody who reads this post)

jakeh

Arachnopeon
Sorry for the late reply, I fed it anywhere from once to twice a week (crickets at first, dubias later.)I believe it to be a female, but it's hard because she always webs her corner up and makes her reproduction parts less visible. With that being said, I think it's a her. From the cheap gear I have from Pet Co, I would say the average in it's terrarium is 65-67 degrees and the humidity around 60%. The heat source in the terrarium is a large heat rock, buried in the substrate. The terrarium is an exo terra 12"x12"x18".

jakeh

Arachnopeon
The most current molt is when it became an electric teal-ish color with a red rump and the same color "teal-ish" spot on it rump. Before this most current molt was when it's black stripe pattern was still clearly visible. When I first received it, it was all blue with the exception of the black pattern on the rump. Unfortunately the two supporting pics I have were too large to upload and I have only posted two pics under the "sex me" area and I didn't have that problem then.

Attachments

jakeh

Arachnopeon
I stand corrected, one of them worked, lol. This is how my versi looked before the most current molt.

spiderperson123

Arachnopeon
so at what size do they typically start the color change? or at least make the color change for you (you being anybody who reads this post)
my versi changed colors about 2 or 3 molts ago and its about 2 inches so maybe at 1.5 or 1.75

Last edited:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow really? View attachment 105052 this was about the size of my old versi before i got rid of it.. id say this thing was NEAR 1.5" roughly.. i wonder if it changed colors yet?
I really gotta start actually holding on to some ts.. ive had a bunch and now know what i miss and dont.. the hard part will be regaining all the sp. i miss, that ive bargained off

spiderperson123

Arachnopeon
wow really? View attachment 105052 this was about the size of my old versi before i got rid of it.. id say this thing was NEAR 1.5" roughly.. i wonder if it changed colors yet?
I really gotta start actually holding on to some ts.. ive had a bunch and now know what i miss and dont.. the hard part will be regaining all the sp. i miss, that ive bargained off
Looks to me as if it was going to change color the next molt it is very dark

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The most current molt is when it became an electric teal-ish color with a red rump and the same color "teal-ish" spot on it rump. Before this most current molt was when it's black stripe pattern was still clearly visible. When I first received it, it was all blue with the exception of the black pattern on the rump. Unfortunately the two supporting pics I have were too large to upload and I have only posted two pics under the "sex me" area and I didn't have that problem then.
That's exactly like mine currently looks. However, it's already at 1.5" DLS, so I figure around 7th-8th instar they change, right? Brett, can you maybe shed some light on this?