Avicularia sp ID

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This guy was given to me about a week ago.
I have a few ideas on what it could be.
I just want other peoples opinion.

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would say it's MOST likely A.sp peru purple.
That would be my best guess since I don't keep many avics (hard time keeping them alive as slings :()

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I's sway more towards it possibly being Avicularia huriana although trying to ID many Avicularia via photographs is flawed IMO.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know photo ID is tough, but I was just curious of what other people thought.

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its def a huriana I keep most all avics it its only 1 it looks like to me its to dark to be laeta that I thought at 1st so im gonna say huriana

Ms.X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its def a huriana I keep most all avics it its only 1 it looks like to me its to dark to be laeta that I thought at 1st so im gonna say huriana
FYI-Avicularia huriana have no blue and Avicularia laeta are a pretty uniform brown, so I'm not sure where an expert Avicularia keeper would get those ideas based upon the OP's photo.

I honestly couldn't say which species is pictured based upon the photo alone. With a few exceptions, members of this genus are too difficult to attempt to ID with only a photo. It's only easy to say what it could not be. Good like with the ID, Chris.

DamoK21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i took 1 look

and i can ID this avic for you !! may not be accurate but will be the closest ID youll get

simple, its an Avicularia Sp "Guyana"

^^ that i can assure you is the closest ID you will get.

As for Avicularia laeta

id like to show you the diffrence here with my juvi laeta

you can clearly see there is no comparison with the avics, my specamin here is Avicularia laeta, the OP specamin i can assure you can only be labeld as "Avicularia Sp", "Avicularia Sp Guyana" at a push

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You are sadly misinformed to the point i feel sorry for you what a shame