Avicularia juruensis color morph?!?!?

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My female juruensis dark form looks different from yours. Mine looks exactly like the one from birdspiders. I know Brazil doesn't allow shipments out legally, but doesn't mean she was taken legally from Brazil. And I'm definitely not looking to crossbreed, but she looks exactly like my other juruensis.

Last edited:

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
True but as you mentioned, yours looks like a juruensis. There is something off about this girl, so she's probably from elsewhere in South America.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey bud, you were the "elitist" that changed my views on the genus and convinced me to get some. And I didn't use any of that colored bold print either, so I must not truly be elitist...teehee;P

Thanks for opening my eyes btw;)
Hahaha I know it was me, I just didnt know it was going to be you who would stab me in the back with my use of colorful prose, et tu Brute?

---------- Post added 09-17-2014 at 01:57 AM ----------

True but as you mentioned, yours looks like a juruensis. There is something off about this girl, so she's probably from elsewhere in South America.
I would agree with CEC on this one

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Both my juruensis girls are over five inches. I would love to see your mystery avicularia as she gets bigger. CEC how long have you had this female for?

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
This girl is more like 4", I don't know why I put 3". I got her at the end of last year if I can remember correctly.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's amazing! I love the charcoal color on that avicularia. She's definitely not like my color morph juruensis. Have you asked any of the avicularia experts about her?

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can't find the link at the moment, but I seem to remember a discussion about this species from some of the German guys who had similar looking spiders originating from Brazil and from Peru, so perhaps one form is found separate from the other?

advan

oOOo
Staff member
My spider looks like the spider in that picture, it must be that one. I'm now looking for a male...............

You wonder why genera like Avicularia get muddy in the hobby?

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was told both are avicularia juruensis from someone big! Germans are the one's screwing it up, like I've said before because they're making multiple names for the same species! It's all about money like every thing else.

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
My spider looks like the spider in that picture, it must be that one. I'm now looking for a male...............

You wonder why genera like Avicularia get muddy in the hobby?

Really. Colors vary with the lighting used. Pictures don't seem to clear up much with Avics.

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was told both are avicularia juruensis from someone big! Germans are the one's screwing it up, like I've said before because they're making multiple names for the same species! It's all about money like every thing else.
...and prestige...

Really. Colors vary with the lighting used. Pictures don't seem to clear up much with Avics.
I believe they were being sarcastic

Koshkin

Arachnopeon
I'm pretty sure that such color is just age changes. Due to my experience, after one of subadult molts (L10 or around) they become much darker and bluish and I was also surprised when noticed that for the first time, but with the following molt color changed again to light-olive and that is their normal adult color, like we can see on most photos. I never noticed such radical changes on subadults of other avicularia species.
But if color stays dark molt by molt, it's really a morph.
CEC, your spider is Avicularia sp. Rio Madre from Bolivia, they really have some features of juruensis, but look rather different at all.