avic sling problem

Elson

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ever since my avic slng moulted into a sling with hairs, i dont know which instar .. anyway, it havent eaten anything AT ALL and its like 3 months already? it is mainly surviving on water and didnt even moult. no webing at all. its siblings have already moulted and are twice its size already. any idea whats its prob?

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have had G. rosea slings do this in the past. Sadly, a few of them died. The others that did survive did so after I effectively forced food on them. Those that weren't eating I placed in a very small vial with very limited room. I also placed several flightless fruit flies in with them. This meant that there was no way possible for the little slings to not find the prey. Those that did survive ended up eating the fruit flies. Those that died didn't even eat under these conditions. This particular sling you have may just be one of the weak ones from the brood.

DracosBana

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had the same problem with an A. purpurea several months ago, mine wouldn't eat or web at all, even when pre-killed food was presented close by (with tweezers). Eventually she died, I think it's just failure to thrive and it seems pretty common with Avics.