Average price for Gramastola grossa in the USA

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
Hello everyone. I would like to know what price to expect if someone were to have Gramastola grossa for sale?

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
This site has a 1.5" juvenile for $35. Having said that, G grossa is reputed to be a very slow grower. It'll be a while before you have a huge spider on your hands.

They also have another related one, Grammostola iheringi, that's about 2"in size for $89. Those guys are known to grow much faster and are considered the most desirable Grammy by many in the hobby today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
This site has a 1.5" juvenile for $35. Having said that, G grossa is reputed to be a very slow grower. It'll be a while before you have a huge spider on your hands.

They also have another related one, Grammostola iheringi, that's about 2"in size for $89. Those guys are known to grow much faster and are considered the most desirable Grammy by many in the hobby today.
Unfortunately that listing is from 7 years ago, and Paul Becker is out of the hobby.

Nowadays grossa are pretty rare as far as I’ve seen, the only recent listing I saw were small slings for $70.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
It seems to have vanished except for older websites. The G iheringi is still available and it might be easier to consider that one instead.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Oops my bad!!

G iheringi is probably the next best thing & they have a reported faster growth rate as well.

Both are stunning species.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
I think I found a current listing for this species.

There is a website called palp friction which has them.
Hopefully this helps. Only 5 are left.

Last edited by a moderator:

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They're not widely available (in the US anyway) and the price tends to reflect that somewhat. Picked one up several months ago for $50 at around 3/4" and it's actually been growing more quickly than I expected. Ventrally I suspect it's male and of course your results may vary, but yeah, cool spider. One of the underappreciated Grammostola.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
They're amazing actually. They are basically pure black like G pulchra, but practically as big as a Lasiodora species. On the top of the abdomen, they have a gold shield like a coat of arms which is spectacular. It's the only grammy where you can see that clearly but others have hints of it.