ATS Conference, Tucson, 2012

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's a few of the pictures I took during last weeks ATS Conference in and around Tucson. I know others from these forums were there. Please feel free to post your pictures here as well.

---------- Post added 07-27-2012 at 07:36 PM ----------

A few more..

I'll post more as I sort through them.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We left our camera at home (like a couple of idiots) .We did not go on any of the field trips,but found a LOT of interesting things on hotel grounds(kingsnake,scorpions,female chalcodes eating a MM outside of a burrow,sun spiders,and others..The MM chalcodes were LITERALLY walking up to the front door of the hotel.Quite a sight

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
i cant wait to upload our stuff - i actually got three frames of a male chalcodes literally walking into monicas hand (after trying to release him back to his burrow)

BlueFang

Arachnopeon
More ATS Con photos

Since I took a million and a half photos as well I figured I should add a few :geek:

To be continued...

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, there were lots of opportunities for good macro photos too, Martin. Maybe next year?

Ollie

Last edited:

BlueFang

Arachnopeon
The red blob is a Dinothrombium magnificum, aka the Giant Velvet Mite - I just learned that myself after coming back from Tucson :biggrin:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Wow, sorry I missed it this year. Great stuff! Count yourselves lucky to see so many Crotalus and esp. that gorgeous S. heros centipede(I've only seen newborns when down there:(). Sigh. Maybe next year...

Aviara

Arachnoknight
It's amazing the diversity of species everyone photographed! I hope I'll have a chance to attend next year. The velvet mite was my favourite, I love those little guys. :) Around Texas they come out after it rains, and you can let them run around in your hand. They feel very...velvety. The horned lizard is a close second. Great finds everyone.