Article on the decline of the world’s insect population

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Or non-native but not invasive. Often won't help for larvae, but nectar of non-native plants is often good eating for pollinators (as far as I have read re: bumblebees).
Anymore it seems to be a tough call on many of the non-natives. Who's going to be invasive and who isn't? There are so many different plants people can get in stores nowadays that it's hard to tell sometimes, especially when they only put a generic common name on the plant. Many "wildflower" seed packets are guilty of that.

I agree that the more the merrier for nectar resources though. Things could certainly be worse in that regard.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Anymore it seems to be a tough call on many of the non-natives. Who's going to be invasive and who isn't? There are so many different plants people can get in stores nowadays that it's hard to tell sometimes, especially when they only put a generic common name on the plant. Many "wildflower" seed packets are guilty of that.
I agree. Especially with climate change it can be hard to predict. However, I feel pretty confident that, say, the overly showy lily and tulip hybrids aren't going to become invasive in my home town, since they've been there and down the coast for a long time.