arizona species...need some help here

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Makes Sense

That makes sense. I would wonder though about Aphanopelma in general when it comes to species in the Arizona/California regions.

Some of these species seem so similar that I am not sure exactly why they are classified as a different species. Kind like it used to be with the G rosea.

Maybe that will change with time and maybe I am just being a little to simple about the whole thing.

Oh well, goes to show you why I am a salesman and not a scientist. =D

-Charlie

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the taxonomic organization for T's of arizona and pretty much everywhere else in the U.S. is so jacked up, its worse than haveing nothing.

haveing said that, I bet if you ask three different "experts", they would all give you three different answers. Some follow Smith's book while others belong to a whole different order.

could be a color variant of A. chalcodes, could be a color variant of A. Minschi, who knows. Unless you can give some collection area information, you wont get a very clear answer, and even then it still may not be clear.

ask Darren Vernier, ask the ATS

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There's a link at www.atshq.org that tells you what to do when you find a tarantula and want to get it identified. It will involve sending it away and not getting it back, but you will be contributing to the collective knowledge of NA T's, rather than it just being wasted.

Wade