Argiope captive hatching help !

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok I posted some pictures of the mother a little while back. Well she laid two sac's. But one was to be destroyed by my fathers christmas decor. So I told him to wait a minute. Long story short I now have it. Is there any way to possibly captive hatch these ? Would you have to put them through a cooling cycle ? How man hatchlings couldd I expect. I know they are probably already developed. So is there any harm in simply opening the sac? Thank you for any help given.:?

Last edited:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well if you have the sac and not the female I suggest turning it liek she would [I cant remember why they did this someone more awake will reply Im sure] and keep the temputure warm with a good amount of humidity and you should expect a few houndred tiny slings in a few months I believe

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Malhavoc's I don't believe these turn the sacs. As the mother dies at the first frost. In nature these would hatch out next spring. What I wanna know is can you speed up this process,as the babies are probably just waiting for spring time to emerge. So I wonder if I put it in the fridge a few months and take out ,and take it out keeping it at room temp again , will they hatch? I don't know what triggers them to hatch. I also wonder if length of day has anything to do with it?