Are "pinkies" & "frogs" truly nutritional for T's?

jet

Arachnopeon
I just can't help but feel sorry for the poor little "babies," and have a hard enough time feeding crickets to my T's. However, I see and hear of so many people feeding baby mice and frogs to Tarantulas. I read many years ago that they do not truly serve as something that the Tarantula must have in it's diet. I have been collecting on an off for 22+ years, and have never used anything more than crickets & mealworms. Personally, I feel anything more than that is just inhumane (no offense meant, to those of you who make this a practice.)

If any experts out there know without a doubt that "pinkies" should be made part of a Tarantulas diet, please advice.

~Blessed Be~
Jet

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Actually, there is some talk recently that the opposite may be true. That is, that they are not good for tarantulas, at least not as the mainstay of the diet. There is concern that the increased calcium in vertebrates is detrimental to a tarantula.

jet

Arachnopeon
Feeding Tarantula's baby mice

thank you Windchaser. Can you post it for all to see? :embarrassed: Just kidding, but nice thought... ;)