Are LP slings normally picky eaters?

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
For some reason my LP sling only eats two segments of chopped super worms, I've tried meal worms, crickets, fruit flies and red runners but I've only ever been able to feed him chopped super worms.

Are LP slings usually this picky and do they grow out of it?

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
For some reason my LP sling only eats two segments of chopped super worms, I've tried meal worms, crickets, fruit flies and red runners but I've only ever been able to feed him chopped super worms.

Are LP slings usually this picky and do they grow out of it?
Just your T being an individual I think... My two LP's were and always have been voracious eaters, taking down everything. Will it grow out of it? I expect so, T's of course change drastically over the course of their life... you'll just have to wait and see. Maybe in the future you'll still be feeding chopped up worms to an 8+ inch giant :lol:

Last edited:

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
My mum has 17 LPs (seriously), and I would say yes! Some individuals are pickier than others, especially as slings. Back when ours were tiny, many would be reluctant to take fruit flies and pinhead crickets, mostly because the motion of the prey startled them into running away. As such a tactic would have protected them to better survive into adulthood in nature, it shouldn't be too troubling to see an LP baby on the shy side. Our switched over to pinheads when they were about a half inch, while two of our now-biggest girls were shy to mealworms and larger crickets until they were almost an inch. Scavenging off cricket legs or chopped worms was how our little ones ate, so as long as your pal is taking the superworm segments, they should be fine until they realize they're going to be enormous one day!