• Arboreal

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Terrestrial

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you prefer arboreal Ts or terrestrial Ts?
I prefer terrestrial.
when you vote, can you post a reply too? thanks

Last edited:

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I voted terrestrials

I guess I prefer terrestrials since I only own three species of arboreals. However, Avicularia versicolor is one of my all time favorites. Docile terrestrials are easier to handle. My three favorite terrestial genera are Grammostola, Brachypelma, and Aphonopelma.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
versicolor and Poecilotheria regalis

poecilotheria regalis is another awesome arboreal too.

vanquisher91

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think both have something unique to offer to the arachno enthusiast. I have 3 terrestrials (H. gigas, A. geniculata, G. rosea) and 2 arboreals (both P. regalis). I don't think anything compares to the beauty of many arboreal species, especially the Pokies. At the same time I don't thing anything compares to the entertainment value of a terrestrial such as the H. Gigas or the OBT. If, however, you put a gun to my head and made me choose, i'd go with terrestrials.

kc7wdg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I prefer terrestrials since I own two G. rosea's male/female and an Aphonopelma spp. Carlsbad. :) And all 3 are docile and very easy to handle and hang out with. My carlsbad will sit on top of my hand while typing and hang out.

T-Harry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I prefer terrestrials, that's why I only have two arboreal T's.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
2 arboreal

I prefer terrestrial cuz with arboreals some times they will web over the cover and you can't take the cover off and you can't find another way to feed them.:confused:

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I find it near impossible to choose between the two but I voted terrestrial just cos, like most T people, it was the first kind I owned. (Sentimentality is way under-rated in my opinion :D

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I love terrestrials, arboreals are too squirrely for me, hah, squirrely goes with arboreal.{D

Shogun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I guess I prefer terrestrials since I only own three species of arboreals. However, Avicularia versicolor is one of my all time favorites. Docile terrestrials are easier to handle. My three favorite terrestial genera are Grammostola, Brachypelma, and Aphonopelma.

We have the exact same tastes in tarantulas :p

Not really into arboreals, but I love versis.

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Terrestrials because they are not as fast. Besides, arboreal Ts scares me. :eek:

Fred

GForce14063

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I find terresterials the easiest to house and maintain,But learning the way of the arborial.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am new to T's in general, but my first T was a versi, bought last weds. And then i went to the wheaton il show and bought a chevron yesterday, I would say I am waaaaayy more into the arboreals for some reason. I think they look better and I like how they build their webs/nests. eventually i will get some terrestrials, but in general every arboreal species ive seen so far is wicked sweet. next will be another avic. species or a Poecilotheria or however you spell it. If anyone knows where i can get a A. metallica, A. biceogi(red brick), Avic.(peruvian purple)? or an A. amazonica. plz letme know or the azurikassi or howerver you spell it(powder blue, pink toe?). Ive got the tarantula fever.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am new to T's in general, but my first T was a versi, bought last weds. And then i went to the wheaton il show and bought a chevron yesterday, I would say I am waaaaayy more into the arboreals for some reason. I think they look better and I like how they build their webs/nests. eventually i will get some terrestrials, but in general every arboreal species ive seen so far is wicked sweet. next will be another avic. species or a Poecilotheria or however you spell it. If anyone knows where i can get a A. metallica, A. biceogi(red brick), Avic.(peruvian purple)? or an A. amazonica. plz letme know or the azurikassi or howerver you spell it(powder blue, pink toe?). Ive got the tarantula fever.
There's no way back sunshine! You're one of "us" now. Start clearing out that spare room asap {D .

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I voted both because they both have appealing factors that are equal to me. There are also stunning T's in both categories. I would never be able to choose between the two.

insekta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I prefer arboreals, but at the moment I only have terrestrials. They're just... "cuter?" I love watching them, and they're just a more involved spider than most of the terrestrials I've had, at least in the sense of having to monitor them, and getting them to recognize food (how much fun is it to sling a cricket? anyone?).