Arachnid Haters must be bannished!

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Post your opinion of this site in their guest book~ I did!

http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/goodspiders/

Better yet! Lets all send him some Close ups of our wonderful, lovely pets! Hell, if I could, I would send him a nice large package packed full with adult Cobalts! Merry Christmas Spider Hater!;P =D

Last edited:

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is common to find people with arachnophobia but this irrational mental situation can certainly be cured. But it is a shame that some people kill these helpless creatures in order to conceal their own cowardice.

Folks, please express your opinions in his guess book!!

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Or email him a few of the more hideous pictures. I like Ts and spiders in general (I used to be somewhat arachnophobic) but there is still the occasional spider picture out there that gives me the willies.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
i want my cobalt to be mean she hasn't shown any aggression since the pet store i guess she is happy i get to see her all the time also thats a big plus she has all the substrate in the world to burrow,i even made a burrow for her, but decided to web up the corner and make the lil spot her home i haven't had any trouble with lucy so far.

arcane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wonder at the psychology behind arachnophobia. The example of some guy who comes on your book bragging he'd step on them is a clear example of ignorance.

However, I've seen at least one person who when shown a picture will physically recoil and shudder. I have to wonder if there isn't something deeper going on with this people. Perhaps a bad early childhood experience, or as some suggest there is some 'inborn' fear of spiders and snakes that may be stronger in some people?

I tried to read your guestbook but it said you had used up your bandwidth. Who flames a guestbook with a real email address anyway?

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wonder if this is the kind of person that kills snakes
when he sees them as well. Or maybe also a cat
killer since so many people seem to be predjudiced
against them too. I tried to get on the site, but
it said it is temporarily down. I bet it is being
overelmed with people e-mailing him all the
time and it can't handle it. I'll sure try your
link over and over in your link Diane. Thanks.
Where did you guys find out about this person?
Sharon

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heheheh!=D
Yeah, the site's down cause there seems to be a flood of people trying to view it. I'm guessing all the people are from the T groups I've emailed and everyone here.:D

This site was emailed to me from someone in one of my groups.

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just saw the site

How morbid! It's really disturbing that someone could get a "kick" out of killing such wonderful creatures. I understand that someone can be fearful of spiders, but I think this website is going just a little far. :8o Poor Poor babies!

Renee

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmmm........still can't get it......been trying for a while now......will keep on trying..........

Sad...........fear & ignorance=killing of a very beneficial creature......just like folks here (where I live) who kill a rat/gopher snake they find in the yard just because they think it "could" do harm. I keep trying to tell them that these critters keep down the rat & mouse population & the spiders & tarantulas help keep down the insect/bug population.
I know that folks have rats/mice & bugs as pets......I've had them too..........but in nature.......all things have a plan & the 8 legged beasties also have a part in that plan & should not be killed.

I hope I can get in soon........am now VERY interested in seeing the site.

Oops - sorry - fingers not working well today=typos

Last edited:

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I used to be really afraid of spiders. Now only some true spiders creep me out. Nothing wrong with killing wild cats. :p I hate "outside cats", they kill everything, snakes, chipmunks, bunnies, song birds, etc. Doubt I would ever actually kill one but if anyone else wants to go cat hunting I wouldn't mind. lol

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Navaros
I used to be really afraid of spiders. Now only some true spiders creep me out. Nothing wrong with killing wild cats. :p I hate "outside cats", they kill everything, snakes, chipmunks, bunnies, song birds, etc. Doubt I would ever actually kill one but if anyone else wants to go cat hunting I wouldn't mind. lol
How about just killing the cat owners who don't get their cats fixed.

I love cats.
If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.:(

E

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like cats too, but people who let their cats outside, even if they are fixed are screwing the native ecosystem. Most cats I have seen don't even eat what they kill, they kill it and leave it. I'd rather see some dead cats than see populations of native animals destroyed by them.
If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.
My solution is to have the wild cats killed or caught. The damage is done, there are cats breeding and living in the wild, people spaying their cats before letting them outside will have no effect on the ones already breeding.

Last edited:

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That guy must be an idiot.

Wasn't able to sign his guestbook, but I will try over and over. The best cure against arachnophobia is getting a T!

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The best cure against arachnophobia is getting a T!
Even if you never intend to actually touch it or handle it, it is still a good way to get over your fear. That's what I've done, now I'm hooked! Of course, I've always been fascinated by spiders anyway, and had a healthy fear of them but I didn't kill them unless they were on me (just reacted without thinking) and I'd panic.=D

LAking

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think some of you are getting a little too worked up over what is essentially a novelty web page. It's for the sake of laughs, not because he really has some hell bent desire to kill all spiders. Yeah, maybe he's not a fan of them, but the same could be said about most of the world. A lot of those pictures were probably taken on the same day. Notice his "black widow" picture?

Getting hits on his site and repsponses from a bunch of spider geeks would make this guys day. Yeah it's stupid and not even very funny, but you are being reeled in big time on this one. Did you see his "things that don't kill spiders" section? It's actually somewhat funny. It's a joke and you are writing yourselves into the punchline.

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ill admit that in the past, i would step on any spider at first sight. i had a mild case of arachnaphobia. im an animal lover and i decided that i might as well try to get over my fear. that was a year and a half ago, and ill be ordering my 4th t in the next week. what i did was ignorant. tarantulas and spiders are just really misunderstood. after edjucating myself, i wouldnt dream of killing a spider now.

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i think that if people were edjucated on what tarantulas and spiders are really like, there would be a lot less killing of our little 8 legged friends.

Woody

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think that website is pretty funny. the part where he has pictures of dead spiders is hilarious.

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I posted my opinion and wished him/her well with all of the cockroaches that would take over his/her "body parts" after he/she/it kills all the spiders that keep the other bugs at bay.....gotta just LOVE ignorant people...NOT