Apistobuthus pterygocercus

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
Sounds good. So as far as the ventilation goes, is great ventilation enough, or should I consider a potential method for actual air current to pass through the enclosure? And the hide, something flatter and less obstructive to air flow?

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Sounds good. So as far as the ventilation goes, is great ventilation enough, or should I consider a potential method for actual air current to pass through the enclosure? And the hide, something flatter and less obstructive to air flow?
With any arid or semi-arid scorpion you need to provide great amount of ventilation otherwise you can trap too much moisture, humidity, and stagnant air leading to a dangerous mycosis infection. The hide just needs to be something a scorpion can burrow or build a scrape beneath I recommend a piece of cork bark due to its lightweight.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This species has proven very difficult to keep in captivity over the years, I wish you the best of luck. I would suggest researching the climate and biogeography of where this species is found (sand dunes of the Rub' al Khali) to maximize your success.

You may also find useful information in this paper (a different species, but contains relevant information on pterygocerus):

Navidpour, Sh & Lowe, Graeme. (2009). Revised diagnosis and redescription of Apistobuthus susanae (Scorpiones, Buthidae). Journal of Arachnology. 37. 45-59. 10.1636/H08-44.1.