Aphonopelma Seemanni

xalbinox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My A. Seemanni has rejected food for about a month but shes pretty fat she hides in her tunnel not coming out not even at night just turns herself around every now and then if any 1 kwows whats going on some advice would be nice shes a Costa Rican Zebra (Aphonopelma Seemanni) Thanx

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Advice? Leave her alone. Sounds perfectly normal to me and possibly in pre-moult.

I've got tarantulas that won't eat for several months at a time (my A. bicoloratum probably eats about 3X a year and still moults annually), some G. rosea owners have Ts that haven't eaten in a few years, it's perfectly normal.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
My male seemani, due to mature next molt, went of food for three months the last time he molted. In my collection, it SEEMS that the older they are, the longer the whole molting process takes. From going off food to hardening up and accepting food again could be MONTHS!

But then, everything takes longer for me the older I get too!!:rolleyes:

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I have a female seemani that plugged up her hole last month and is just hanging out...I figure shes doing the molt thing. Her burrow is right against the side of the tank so I can check on her, she still looks fat and wonderful so Im waiting her out.
Good luck

xalbinox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A Seemanni

cool ill jusy hang in there and see what happens thankx for your help peeps