Aphonopelma moorae price

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Slings. I've never seen them cheap. $225 for a female is a descent price.
This was a deal given to me for helping a vendor that comes to the local shows in my area across other states. I've worked with them in sexing specimens, trading, and wholesaling to them. I would normally take these deals, but if I take such a rare species in the hobby, then the one condition is that I must get a male for breeding, which males are almost non-existent for this species let alone females, so I just said no.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Are you talking about a female A. mooreae or the Panama species?
I'm talking about T. sp Panama. And yes, it was a juvie female deal offered to me for $225 under the common name "lava rock tarantula", which sounds cringy to me.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
The “it’s worth what you are willing to pay” argument just doesn’t apply here. One thousand dollars for an A. mooreae spiderling is a scam. I bought 3 spiderlings from the first import to the USA from Mexico for less than that.
How does it not apply? The OP is in Malasia and stated they are super rare. So if it's not available and suddenly one is, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It's not a scam. It's simply supply/demand.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If anyone paid more than $150 per sling on the first import of the mooreae paid way to much. Therefore selling or paying a 1” inch sling for $1000 is insane.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Found a local selling an inch aphonopelma moorae for 1000 dollars so do you guys think this is too much?
I've seen some for sale prices are like $200 to $350

Just replying to what I've seen don't want to get into if it's worth it or not. I myself will not pay those prices. With over a thousand species of tarantulas out there I can enjoy others like my gbb instead.

To each their own however it's your money you're spending.

Last edited: