Aphonopelma moorae price

Roger Gan

Arachnopeon
Found a local selling an inch aphonopelma moorae for 1000 dollars so do you guys think this is too much?

Hi
For that price do yourself a favour and get few GBBs.
More colourful and full of character tarantula that is a must have for any collection.
Regards Konstantin

Roger Gan

Arachnopeon
Hi
For that price do yourself a favour and get few GBBs.
More colourful and full of character tarantula that is a must have for any collection.
Regards Konstantin
Ya your right but I'm very curious that are these species so rare that the price should be so high and are they worth it

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
It really depends where you put your value into. Regardless, for thousand dollars, nope.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
From what I’ve gathered, that species is only worth what you’re willing to pay. If it’s that important to have one, then the price is low or high depending on how you value it. I agree with the GBB comment though lol.

If you want to ask someone that owns one, the only person I know of on here with one is @CommanderBacon.

Buffalo Ts

Arachnoknight
Found a local selling an inch aphonopelma moorae for 1000 dollars so do you guys think this is too much?
It's your money, but I wouldn't pay that much money for that spider, or any spider.

I've seen them go for cheaper. If it was a female, I think you could potentially justify it. But too much money for me to drop on ONE spider.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Nobody can tell you the worth of something that you want. It's worth what you're willing to pay for it. For ME, there's no animal in existence of any species that's "worth" that much money.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
outside of my pay grade and concur. You could get 3 AF GBBs for around that much

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Rip off, I can buy 2-3 entire sacs of GBB for that price if it was local.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
The “it’s worth what you are willing to pay” argument just doesn’t apply here. One thousand dollars for an A. mooreae spiderling is a scam. I bought 3 spiderlings from the first import to the USA from Mexico for less than that.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
The “it’s worth what you are willing to pay” argument just doesn’t apply here. One thousand dollars for an A. mooreae spiderling is a scam. I bought 3 spiderlings from the first import to the USA from Mexico for less than that.
Agreed. $1k for any sling is a scam, imo.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I currently have two.

One I paid for $50 from mystery box event, <edit>

Yeah, I would never pay that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
From what I can find, they’re worth £200 over here in the UK, <edit> . Doesn’t look like there’s any around here at the moment however. So... no, a grand isn’t worth it IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: