Aphonopelma Hentzi breeding success?

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last night..............my Bro came by, and had an A. hentzi that someone had caught for him, as word has been getting out that I like T's. :) It was caught about 50 miles from my house. As I came into the room............I saw a 4" plump spider in a fish bowl, and surmised it to be a female, by the shape of the build. After a quick look at the epigastric furrow, I confirmed that it is a female...............and a whole lotta female she is!! :D It is one of the finest looking w.c. Aphonopelma I have ever seen. :D Just beautiful.............though it did bite the guy that caught it for my Bro!! ;) After it got acclimated, I held it with no signs of aggression.

My brother caught an A. hentzi last fall, and it is an immature male, that had a missing back leg when caught, but now it has regenerated well. And...........it should mature soon. 2 of the biggest breeders here in the U.S. told me in the past, that the local Aphonopelma are VERY hard to breed, and most of the ones that produce generally have been fertilized before being caught. Does anyone have any breeding stories with A. hentzi? I think they are beautiful, and remind me of A.chalcodes, except with more brown. :D