Anything wrong with the Enclosure?

Zaxxen

Arachnosquire
Just got a Nhandu Chromatus sling and im just wondering if i should change the enclosure in any way? less substrate, more substrate, more/less ventilation etc!
Thanks!

Attachments

Derivative

Arachnosquire
Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in but I would add ventilation on the sides and keep it slightly less moist.
Don't take this advice unless an expert confirms it because I may be wrong.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just poke some very small holes and keep it in the same enclosure till it moults, then upgrade. Por in small ammounts of teped water when it seems to dry up!

Zaxxen

Arachnosquire
Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in but I would add ventilation on the sides and keep it slightly less moist.
Don't take this advice unless an expert confirms it because I may be wrong.
I do agree in a way, i changed the lid because the original one only had 3 holes and the current one has somewhere around 20 id guess. I just got it around 3 hours ago so i havnet had a chance to add water or feed it yet, as it was fed yesterday :) thanks for the input!

Just poke some very small holes and keep it in the same enclosure till it moults, then upgrade. Por in small ammounts of teped water when it seems to dry up!
A thing i was wondering about specifically is, should i compress the substrate at all? i feel like its very loose but im not sure if i should touch it or not, or just have it in mind when i eventually rehouse her/him

Last edited by a moderator:

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
A thing i was wondering about specifically is, should i compress the substrate at all? i feel like its very loose but im not sure if i should touch it or not, or just have it in mind when i eventually rehouse her/him
Not necessary. Just leave it be for now and let it settle in. Try feeding in a couple days. Use the time to do some more research!