Anyone know anything about these species?!

DaleGribble

Arachnopeon
I dug up a book on spiders I got when I was a kid (published 1991) and I found some T pics that I always thought were cool. The T's looked familiar but the names did not ring a bell, I was wondering if perhaps they were old names.

One is supposedly from South Africa and is identified by genus only, Harpactira. I don't have a scanner but the T looks most like the Ceratogyrus with no horn or a little like P. lugardi

The other is a malaysian called Lyrognathus liewi, which looks more like a Hysterocrates than a Haplopelma.

DaleGribble

Arachnopeon
okay so I looked them up and found plenty on the baboon. This was the closest I cold find to the one in my book, although the specimen in the book is much lighter and has an orange-ish tinge to it (better looking overall)
http://www.birdspiders.com/archive/787A2A2FG3048G23A9G279F9D72EEB30C25.html
It says that they are common in Africa, why are they never available?

The malaysian one turned up less info, and most of the sites were either in foreign tongues or were simply taxonomic charts. They seem like a more primitive T, but in the pictures I have look much more atrractive than most Asian species of its kind (dark burrowers).

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
DaleGribble said:
okay so I looked them up and found plenty on the baboon. This was the closest I cold find to the one in my book, although the specimen in the book is much lighter and has an orange-ish tinge to it (better looking overall)
http://www.birdspiders.com/archive/787A2A2FG3048G23A9G279F9D72EEB30C25.html
It says that they are common in Africa, why are they never available?
Any baboon's in the RSA are not legal to export therefore rare in the trade.

DaleGribble said:
The malaysian one turned up less info, and most of the sites were either in foreign tongues or were simply taxonomic charts. They seem like a more primitive T, but in the pictures I have look much more atrractive than most Asian species of its kind (dark burrowers).
Lyrognathus liewi is a synonym of L.robustus, Lyrognathus are nice burrowing Selenocosmiinae if you can find them, finding health C/B stock would not be easy unfortunately.