Anyone have this happen?

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Two of my snakes regurgitated yesterday, due to it being too cold, however here is the odd part BOTH snakes want to eat again like nothing ever happened, both of their response to potential food is amazing despite having stomach troubles. Of course I will not be feeding for another day soon, to allow their systems to settle. And allow the heater to kick in and warm up the room they are in.

So the question is this, has anyone had a snake that "threw up" And then wanted to eat almost immediately afterwords?

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It sounds normal to me, seeing that the reason that they threw up in the first place has been removed. All they needed to do was regain normal metabolism again.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I've had a snake with stomach troubles, would throw up unless it was 23C. A few degrees lower or higher and it threw up. I would actually wait longer, 7-10 days.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Thinking about it, I got the advice from a former member with good knowledge about snakes to wait even longer. Up to a month. Safe side advice for sure. And it's not like anything bad is going to happen if the snake doesn't eat for that time, unless it's a pregnant female.

But you could try, with small feeders, and only one to begin with, to feed after 7-10 days and see what happens. If it regurgitates again you know you need to be careful and wait a good bit longer.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
generally when we have snakes that regurg, we like to wait 2 weeks after the regurg before feeding again. they need to rebuild their stomach acid and heal. if you are normally offering frozen try doing a prekill (basically buy a live animal and kill it) becuz for some reason after such a stressful thing like regurg they sometimes have a hard time with defrosted items. if the item is slightly freezer burnt or if its been defrosting to long rotting takes place and their stomachs arent able to handle it. also make sure your temps are appropriate before feeding again, if it happens a lot then u can actually lose your snake.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if its been defrosting to long rotting takes place and their stomachs arent able to handle it.
Thats not entirely true. I've seen video of snakes eating carcasses because they are opportunistic hunters. They dont usually scavenge but if the situation comes about they do eat it.

I've even fed my snake a rat that was sitting in a cage for 2 days (i prekill) and was never eaten and i didnt notice bcause the boa was just laying on it hiding it. My bigger retic took it without even a second glance.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I fed them on Sunday afternoon and so far they have been keeping their food down, also I have been offering a smaller meal.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update they both have sucessfully managed to keep their rats down. :)