anyone have a Cassowary?

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a raven for a while. It was an older nestling that fell to the ground. It became pretty friendly. He was pretty easy to take care of as well. I'd place some dog food in a dish and soak it with water, and he'd chow that stuff. I'd take him outside to stretch his wings, until one day he was ready to go off on his own. He was fun while I had him though.
sounds wonderful\!
I would be fine with that.:clap:

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A raven would be really nice! as for the cassowarys, if you have the needed installations and all it should be fine, but as everyone said you must be cautious as hell when dealing with them...they are killers!! they are DESIGNED to tear your belly open...u should get a defensive tool (like a teaser or somthg similar) to deal with them...oh yeah, and some kind of shield too! lol

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A raven would be really nice! as for the cassowarys, if you have the needed installations and all it should be fine, but as everyone said you must be cautious as hell when dealing with them...they are killers!! they are DESIGNED to tear your belly open...u should get a defensive tool (like a teaser or somthg similar) to deal with them...oh yeah, and some kind of shield too! lol
i would just hold an ostrich in front of me.
{D :}

Brendan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Err, Ted, if you ever find one, you're going to scare it away. Seriously. Don't harm it.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i wouldn't be surprised... there jaws are made for scavenging, and I'm sure when they find some thing there gonna take it for all it's got including the bone marrow(yummy lol), since they have to compete with all the other scavengers in Africa
As mentioned, they rarely scavenge, they have a higher success rate than lions. Their prey is stolen from lions more often than they steal from lions. Their jaws and digestive systems are strong enough to digest bone and horns, and they do eat them. I did a research paper on their whoops so I got to learn all sorts of yummy things about them. Wouldn't want one for a pet though.