Anyone ever see there slings once they burrow?

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got a few i never see. Its weird i got a p.irmina and shes always hideing in her burrow xD. Just wonderinf if you guys have the same problem with the slings

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my hentzi slings burrow continuously, but they spend a good portion of time on the surface as well; hyper-active lil' buggers they are.

petshopguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was thinking of starting a thread on which T's make good pet holes. I'll just incorporate it into this thread cause they're basically the same question. Which T's do make good pet holes and not a whole lot more?
I barely see my P.cambrigei and H.gigas slings. My P.scrofa and B.ang's stay hidden alot too.
In fact, one of the reasons I like G.aureo's and OBT's so much is that they are so active and out in the open. All I have to do is pick up my OBT containers and they come running to check out what's going on.

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Its like. P irmina are arboreals and its never out. It wont eat the damn food enless i toss it by the small hole and it will come out and snatch it. common damn arboreal sling. CLIMBBBBB LIKE UV NEVER CLIMBED B4!!!

Tuwin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have 2 B. Smithi slings and 1 completely closes it's self in it's flower pot. It pushes all the dirt to the front and i haven't seen it in ages and the other stays in the pot but never pushes the dirt around.

My H. Lividum sling did the same thing as my smithi and i haven't seen it sense the day i got it

All my other T's i can see all the time

Trav

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most slings will burrow when young. Even pokies have been known to burrow as slings. They will grow out of it and start climbing.

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haplo thai tiger make great pet holes, but that's ok so long as she is happy

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My h lividum burrowed and dosent eat. I put food at entrance of the hole. The sling is smaller thena dime adn it made abotua 4-5inch downward burrow then off to the side. Hope it comes up for food some day. i jsut mist it and in the whole(i can see all the way down the burrow)

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Our slings that have burrowed have for some reason all burrowed up against the side of their containers. We can see their little tunnels and them sitting in them. I don't know why they've done it, maybe they are spying on us :eek: and waiting their chance for shenanigans. They don't seem to care if the burrow is on the dark side or not either :?

jazaman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My B. Emilia burrowed as soon as I got it at about 1" max. Never saw it for about 6 months but crickets would disappear. Then used to see him in the middle of the night not far from burrow but would run at slightest disturbance. About 1 year later after yet another molt (Only evidence I ever saw he was ok was when he used to bring the molts out and dump them )*HE* came out (big & beautiful) and stayed out since...still there!!

Last edited:

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My B. emilia juvie, my L. parahybana sling, my A. geniculata sling and one of my B. smithi slings, have all burrowed. All of them I can see well because they dug next to the plastic, except my paraybana, but even that has recently started tunneling along the side. I can't see it very well but enough to know it's doubled in size since I got it.

CharlaineC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the only reasion i see my slings is that they have burrowed to the couners of their cages and i can see the cave well. that my 2 curly hairs and my obt. my i hersum it it up in the corner of its cage goofing around.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From what I have seen, just about all slings will burrow and dissappear for months.

deez8legz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got 3 slings at once a B. smithi, a B. emilia and a B. bohmei and they have all burrowed exept the smithi. In fact the emilia we hardly ever see, the bohmei at least pokes it's head out to see what's happenin when we take the lid off its' vial.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a Nhandu chromatus that burrowed and I could never seen him. Than I rearanged the enclosure so that he could burrow on the side. Well he did and never came out...ever. He would seal the entrance with webs. I had to force crickets down the hole through the web to feed him but I could see him a bit. Than one day he molted to the Ultimate molt! Never really got to appreciate him for the colors cause he was always hidden.

My B. boehmei since I got it has always stayed out! Always just stays out in the middle of the enclosure. Only goes into the cave I made it so it can molt.

My GBB made an elaborate tunnel of thick webs and every once in a while its out in the morning. And almost every night sticks its legs out of the entrance. Sometimes I get the privelege of seeing it completly out.

vbrooke

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Right now I have...2 A geniculatas about 1/2" that hang out on top of the sub for awile, 3 Rosie slings about 1/2" that I can always see? C. faciatum about 3/4" I only saw the day it brought it's molt out, and others I have yet to see in the month I've had them (except down in the burrows). To each his own I guess. :?