any other reason for T to be on its back apart from moult??

Bruce

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

how's it going? Here's an interesting question:
My A genic moulted into a mature male about a month ago. Since then he ate quite a few times and acted pretty much similar to how it was before. Then this afternoon, I found it lying on its back, like a moulting position!!?? there are sheets of web around him too. Is he trying to make a sperm web and ended up lying on its back? I must have disturbed it as I opened its tank cus soon afterwards it jumped on its feet and righted itself!

Can anyone shed light on this matter??

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce

Arachnopeon
he's on his back again

10 minutes after it righted itself, it is now on its back again!!

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, he's laying sperm on the sperm web, I did'nt experienced that myself but seen that sometimes, they will get under the web, and put sperm on it, to do that they got to get on their back

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
They deposite the sperm on the edge of the underside of the web...hense the upside down posture....then they climb up onto the web and with their palps reach under the edge they deposited the sperm and pick it up :D You better find him a girlfriend!!!

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Date time...

OldHag said:
They deposite the sperm on the edge of the underside of the web...hense the upside down posture....then they climb up onto the web and with their palps reach under the edge they deposited the sperm and pick it up :D You better find him a girlfriend!!!
Michelle hit the nail on the head! Your guy is charged and is hot to trot!
He will be anxious and will start to pace around in his cage.