Any New Additions?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
A pulchra with 9.5cm BL holy shxx! Must be 40 years old :embarrassed:. Congrats for this phenomenal buy!
She is 9 years old, that is what the seller said...

Unpacking was great because the cricket box was much heavier than usual. She found her in the "advertising ring", which amazed me so much today. Just knew that it was an adult female. Comes from a hobby resolution.

@WW. - because you sound a bit skeptical
PXL_20210722_112332035.jpg

Last edited:

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Bought a 1" Avicularia braunshauseni with a 1/4" Nhandu coloratovillosus freebie today at a local tarantula fest. Rehousing them now!
IMG_20210725_133548.jpg

Finikan

Arachnosupporter +
Thank you! The freebie I am currently researching, as I've never kept one. The sellers are going to meet me halfway sometime next weekend with a grammostola iheringi I've been looking around for for a while!

8 legged

Arachnoprince
You can keep the Nhandu like Acanthoscurria or Grammostola. Enough substrate and not too dry!

Finikan

Arachnosupporter +
Good deal. The a. Braunshauseni came saturated so I'm getting them both rehoused now. IMG_20210725_135048.jpg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I love that Avicularia avicularia M2 (ex A. braunshauseni) has become pretty available again. They were MIA on pretty much all the price lists I regularly peruse for over two years. I picked up 0.0.3 this year as my first Avicularia sp when I first saw them pop back up.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
The wife and i took the kids to the flea market.
I didn't get anything, there but there was a petsmart on the way home and we stopped in on a whim. There was a B. emilia nearly three inches dls that was labeled as assorted mexican red knee / Brachypelma species.
It was a great deal and because none of the girls on shift wanted to deal with it, they let me take the whole enclosure for free. Just a kritter keeper but still.
The store was clean and the setup really wasn't bad for a pet store. All their animals were pretty well looked after, actually. I'm a happy camper.
20210725_161014.jpg
This was the setup it was in.
20210725_160710_HDR.jpg
This is all i had to do.
20210725_165119.jpg
Boosted the substrate, (could use a touch more, really but eh.) and provided a better hide. I left their water dish because my daughter told me to. Lol
We'll see if it doesn't magically turn into a bottlecap.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
The wife and i took the kids to the flea market.
I didn't get anything, there but there was a petsmart on the way home and we stopped in on a whim. There was a B. emilia nearly three inches dls that was labeled as assorted mexican red knee / Brachypelma species.
It was a great deal and because none of the girls on shift wanted to deal with it, they let me take the whole enclosure for free. Just a kritter keeper but still.
The store was clean and the setup really wasn't bad for a pet store. All their animals were pretty well looked after, actually. I'm a happy camper.
View attachment 393071
This was the setup it was in.
View attachment 393073
This is all i had to do.
View attachment 393074
Boosted the substrate, (could use a touch more, really but eh.) and provided a better hide. I left their water dish because my daughter told me to. Lol
We'll see if it doesn't magically turn into a bottlecap.
How much ?

kristof55

Arachnopeon
Been wanting a tarantula since I was 14 (twenty years ago...) and I finally took the plunge and picked up my first today—this not-so-little T. albopilosus. I've decided to name them Mickey, short for Mictlantecutli, Lord of the Underworld. No idea if it's male or female, and the employees didn't know, but based on the brief moment when it was crawling on the side of the enclosure and I got a ruler next to it, the DLS was 4.5~5" or so. I imagine it's at least 2 or 3 years old? Based on the coloration and degree of fuzz, I suspect it's the Nicaraguan variant. Either way, so happy about my new murder floof!

T. Albo %22Mickey%22.jpg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Been wanting a tarantula since I was 14 (twenty years ago...) and I finally took the plunge and picked up my first today—this not-so-little T. albopilosus. I've decided to name them Mickey, short for Mictlantecutli, Lord of the Underworld. No idea if it's male or female, and the employees didn't know, but based on the brief moment when it was crawling on the side of the enclosure and I got a ruler next to it, the DLS was 4.5~5" or so. I imagine it's at least 2 or 3 years old? Based on the coloration and degree of fuzz, I suspect it's the Nicaraguan variant. Either way, so happy about my new murder floof!

View attachment 393207
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnddd now you're addicted.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
A hobby colleague sent me an adult P. murinus female, not that my buck is still bored. Deployed, fed and eats as expected!
DSCN7664.JPG

Then my ordered 3 Tapinauchenius sanctivincenti (N2) from a breeder arrived. Let's see if it is actually T. polybotes or not !?
DSCN7667.JPG

And as a gift with the tapis, I got a tin with 21 Cupiennius salei (N1)! I would say a beautiful breeding line ;-)
DSCN7673.JPG DSCN7672.JPG

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Picked up two new slings yesterday, an H gigas and a C versicolour. Collecting an H pulchripes from the same breeder tomorrow or Tuesday.
Well the H pulcheripes has had to wait, I had arranged to collect on Tuesday, then my stepson decided to test positive for covid, so waiting til Friday now. And as his are less than half the price I have ever seen them at, I'm getting 2!