Any New Additions?

DocWoody8506

Arachnopeon
Got a tiny Ornithoctonus aureotibialis sling this morning :D it's my first Asian fossorial species, pretty excited to watch my pet hole grow

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
C. darlingi
GBB
A. juruensis M2
P. machalla
K. brunnipes
A. hentzi
N. incei
M. balfouri

... Acquired in the last month. ... I haven't bought any since February 2021. I thought it was time :smirk:

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
C. darlingi
GBB
A. juruensis M2
P. machalla
K. brunnipes
A. hentzi
N. incei
M. balfouri

... Acquired in the last month. ... I haven't bought any since February 2021. I thought it was time :smirk:
Singles of all? Either way its more than my collection smh

ByMennen

Arachnosquire
Picked up a juvenile B boehmei today, looking a little dark and chunky, expecting pre molt soon. Super excited to add more to the Brachypelma genus!

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Juvenile female P. antinous. Talk about a spicy spider! Very quick and defensive when unboxing her. Immediately started lunging towards anything that moved in her enclosure and immediately took down a cricket. IMG_20220329_140200172~2.jpg

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Avicularia rufa.

A lot of mixed feelings about this purchase.

On the positive side I have really been wanting another Avicularia (especially one of the rarer ones) so am stoked to get my hands on it.

On the negative it was about a year ago now that I killed my last Avicularia (purpurea) sling with poor husbandry.

I have learned a lot in the last year and have raised 3 tiny arboreal slings to sub adults in that time (Tapinauchenius plumipes, rasti, and Cyriopagopus sp. "Hati Hati"), but also managed to kill one of my Cyriopagopus sp. "Hati Hati" sling for no apparent reason at all.

So while my skill and confidence is there, I can't shake the shadow of trepidation at dropping so much cash on a delicate sling. So I guess I have something to prove to myself with this one.

Love the little bugger already. Going to keep him nice and warm and plump and try and get him out of the tiny sling phase as fast as possible. PXL_20220330_152857502.jpg

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
Picked up these three yesterday, making it 22 tarantulas total:
C darlingi:
P1120611-01.jpeg

G pulchra:
P1120654-01.jpeg

H villosella
P1120622-01.jpeg

As well as an N incei that I got a while ago
P1110826-01.jpeg

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
14 4 22 got...

5 x Caribena laeta slings
4 x Psalmopoeus pulcher slings
1 x Psalmopoeus irminia sling
4 x Ornithoctonus aureotibialis slings
1 x Ornithoctonus aureotibialis AF

Couple of pics of the AF and C laeta taking a cricket bigger then he/she is ha ha
IMG-20220414-WA0008.jpeg 20220415_100914.jpg

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I found my holy grail of tarantulas. An adult female P. ornata that I got from a private breeder. I truly wasn't planning on getting any more spiders, but the opportunity presented itself and I just couldn't pass her up. She's huge and incredibly beautiful. She will have a boyfriend in the future too, since I currently have a few male slings. She's currently in an enclosure that is too small for her, so I'll be rehousing her soon. This is the best photo I could get of her for now. IMG_20220416_204027581.jpg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I found my holy grail of tarantulas. An adult female P. ornata that I got from a private breeder. I truly wasn't planning on getting any more spiders, but the opportunity presented itself and I just couldn't pass her up. She's huge and incredibly beautiful. She will have a boyfriend in the future too, since I currently have a few male slings. She's currently in an enclosure that is too small for her, so I'll be rehousing her soon. This is the best photo I could get of her for now. View attachment 415801
Congratulations! It's an awesome feeling tracking down and finally acquiring a dream specimen, isn't it? Word of warning, careful on that rehouse. In addition to being one of the largest pokies, ornata is also one of the most flighty as well IME. They don't seem to calm down as they reach adulthood like some other pokies.

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Congratulations! It's an awesome feeling tracking down and finally acquiring a dream specimen, isn't it? Word of warning, careful on that rehouse. In addition to being one of the largest pokies, ornata is also one of the most flighty as well IME. They don't seem to calm down as they reach adulthood like some other pokies.
Thanks for the advice. I've only had to deal with slings of this species so far, and yes they are very skittish. I definitely don't want to deal with an escaped adult or even worse a bite! I think that when I rehouse her I'm just going to put her old enclosure inside of the new one and leave it open so that she can come out on her own when she feels comfortable.

SunRoseSpider

Arachnosquire
This month I've gone from 1 to 9 with these additions

B boehmei sling
B emilia sling
B hamorii juvie
LP "sling"
N coloratovillosus sling
N chromatus juvie
N tripepii sling
T albo sling

Still single digits in my collection though!;)

Shinn

Arachnosquire
0.6 inch GBB sling! Won it!, Woot!
20220418_171151.jpg

3 inch C. guangxiensis male
20220419_181650.jpg

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
0.0.1 ๐˜ˆ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข
0.0.5 ๐˜‰๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜บ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช
0.0.1 ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ถ๐˜ด sp. โ€˜Cascadaโ€™
0.0.4 ๐˜š๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข sp. โ€˜Santa Catalinaโ€™

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
0.0.1 ๐˜ˆ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข
0.0.5 ๐˜‰๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜บ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช
0.0.1 ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ถ๐˜ด sp. โ€˜Cascadaโ€™
0.0.4 ๐˜š๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข sp. โ€˜Santa Catalinaโ€™
Breeding projects?