Any hobbyists from Ohio/Indiana?

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I thought about where to post this, however this seemed like the most obvious section to do so. The question is exactly as stated in the title, I have been considering a thread like this for a few months, just wasn't sure where to post it.

So to restate the question: are there any hobbyists in the aforementioned area?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I’m from Ohio but my car is about to blow up. O my only way to get more Ts is to move out but can’t find a job . and of get a job and go to my first expo and sneak em in lol:pompous:
Many years keeping spiders never been to reptile expo.:dead:

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I’m from Ohio but my car is about to blow up. O my only way to get more Ts is to move out but can’t find a job . and of get a job and go to my first expo and sneak em in lol:pompous:
Many years keeping spiders never been to reptile expo.:dead:
Join the club, I've never been to one either.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
You're allowed to keep inverts at school? I asked about it and my school gave me a firm no because they're scared of bugs escaping.
I’m an entomology major and I work in our departmental bug zoo. Part of my collection is stored in the zoo, the rest resides in a kinda “student lounge” where people can keep their inverts while they’re staying in the dorms.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I’m an entomology major and I work in our departmental bug zoo. Part of my collection is stored in the zoo, the rest resides in a kinda “student lounge” where people can keep their inverts while they’re staying in the dorms.
Trying not to judge you because you're a Boilermaker...jkjk

Planning to be up by Purdue in Jan. or so, would it be possible to see the bug zoo or do I have to be a student?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Trying not to judge you because you're a Boilermaker...jkjk

Planning to be up by Purdue in Jan. or so, would it be possible to see the bug zoo or do I have to be a student?
You might be able to come by? We don't have planned public hours so much as we schedule programs for schools and such. I could talk to my boss and get the ok to show you around

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Ah okay, that's pretty cool. Unfortunately my school doesn't offer entomology majors, so I'm a bio major instead. Not being able to take my collection with me played a large part in the decision to commute to school.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Is it true that Ohio is the most boring state in the USA?
Yes

Meee. I live about an hour from Indianapolis.
Another central Indiana resident. I'm originally from a small (emphasis on small) town (if you can still call it a town)in Randolph county known as Union City, which is an hour away from Anderson.

On a similar note, though it is irrelevant now, there used to be a pet store in my area that specialized in tarantulas. Sadly it closed a couple years ago because peta did not like the fact that they were feeding their snakes mice.