Another Dumba$$ On YouTube Video

Arachtis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have seen a number of videos on Youtube showcasing the mistreatment of scorpions and tarantulas alike, I guess some people can't feel good about themselves without destroying something

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
More dorks on youtube :wall: Did you read the kids disclaimer who posted the video?

tryme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see these terrible vids all the time, all I can say is just don't browse for them as no matter what some idiot will post one at some point.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am sorry but I think that youtube = garbage
No, Youtube is amazing. Some of the user's of Youtube are just idiots and need attention in any way possible, so they kill spiders and other arachnids in a desperate attempt.

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wrong to promote video on arachnoboards x.x

However i really dont find these videos that horrible. It happens in the wild alot. However saying that you should not do this just because it can happen int he wild because it is inhumain. Its up 2 everyone on how they feel in this subject.Persoanly i wouldent want to waist the money doing something stupid like this. But hey if its what u like go for it, Just dont share it with the world

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are just bugs guys, calm down.
They found them in their backyards, I'm sure they didn't buy them for that.

They're not pets to other people. They are just bugs.

jasen&crystal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thier not just bugs to people like us
they didnt seem to want to fight either im sure in the wild they would rather go the other way than kill each other

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To people like us, yes.
But to the rest of the world...

It's okay to put a cricket with a scorpion,roach,mealworm but not a spider?

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i gotta go with Aztek on this one (despite my typical affiliation with the Maya;) ) is this kind of thing stupid? yes it is, but i have been to texas, hell i live in kansas, and in the right spot of either, there is no shortage of vittatus or widows around. its funny that people treat these encounters like hardcore battle royales, when really both are more concerned with freedom than eachother, but at the end of the day, both of these animals have the strong potential to be pests. i love scorpions and widows dearly, but there are plenty of instances where one can show up uninvited and to be honest if i had them crawling around my house or yard i wouldnt be very happy about it. to the vast majority of people they are just bugs. there are car enthusiasts who hate demolition derbies/monster truck shows because of the destruction of beautiful vehicles, but to the rest of the world its just entertainment. if putting bugs together to fight or interact makes someone an insensitive jerk then most people i know overseas in iraq are pretty evil, cause thats one of the big passtimes over there for troops. its much better to see people fighting bugs than chickens or pit bulls IMHO

John

357wheelgunner

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For people who disagree so much with teenagers making bugs fight, you sure give them a lot of free advertisement.

If you don't like it, look elsewhere. The internet is a big place, if you let the things you stumble across bother you, it will be difficult to use. Just hit the back button, or the little x in the corner, and it'll be alright.

Tough skin, and leaving others alone, for the win.

tryme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's what I was saying. No matter what it's going to be done by some one some where, just don't go looking for it if you don't want to see it.

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
black widows are in my opinion the creepiest spider around, especially when theyre on the lawn mower after i get half way done cutting the grass and didnt realize one was on there. haha. but people who post vids like this learn the hard way when one of their experiments either bites or stings them, then they learn.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i gotta go with Aztek on this one (despite my typical affiliation with the Maya;) ) is this kind of thing stupid? yes it is, but i have been to texas, hell i live in kansas, and in the right spot of either, there is no shortage of vittatus or widows around. its funny that people treat these encounters like hardcore battle royales, when really both are more concerned with freedom than eachother, but at the end of the day, both of these animals have the strong potential to be pests. i love scorpions and widows dearly, but there are plenty of instances where one can show up uninvited and to be honest if i had them crawling around my house or yard i wouldnt be very happy about it. to the vast majority of people they are just bugs. there are car enthusiasts who hate demolition derbies/monster truck shows because of the destruction of beautiful vehicles, but to the rest of the world its just entertainment. if putting bugs together to fight or interact makes someone an insensitive jerk then most people i know overseas in iraq are pretty evil, cause thats one of the big passtimes over there for troops. its much better to see people fighting bugs than chickens or pit bulls IMHO

John
I agree. It is pretty immature to video it and they didnt want to kill each other but its not as bad as a dog fight or chickens. Still though, a waste of perfect animals that I enjoy finding outside.

Elixxur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a video on Youtube of my deathstalker killing a cricket to eat, but that's it. I'd never have any of my scorps fight other insects or scorpions. That's sad, kinda like dog fighting except on a minute scale. I love my scorps ^_^