Animal Planet low down?

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What happened to Animal Planet actually being about animals? It pissed me off so much that my favorite channel as a kid went to crap. If it didn't suck so bad now, I might be inclined to watch tv once in a while.
New motto "animal planet, surprisingly human". I don't like it! Leave discovery channel for all these shows revolved around people, like treehouse masters, that's nothing to do with animals and trees are plants, should be on discovery channel! Legend of mick jones or whoever he is not for animal planet!

I'm shocked at call of wildman because I watch animal planet daily and have seen this multiple times. It doesn't surprise me some stuff is scripted its hard to always find wild animals that stay in perfect camera view, what pisses me off is the abuse on the animals.

I still watch Nature on PBS and that show hasn't changed no BS lines or crazy people it's just about nature and that's it and I like that!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Nature is getting too weird for me now.. i cant really get excited for it the way i used to.

They're trying to get all artsy.. that Eel episode made me cringe, because they had that dude with autism narrate.

episodes are getting lame now, they're focusing more on people searching for a species.. "I live in the woods and defecate amongst the animals. especially white bunnies."

ClosetCollector

Arachnosquire
This is why I do not pay for cable or satellite, I cannot stand what television has become!!! I would rather be without and save my money!!!!!!

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I plan on doing the same when I'm living on my own.
my family thinks I'm crazy for not wanting TV in my house when I move out. Sure, I do want a TV, but-- dare I say it-- only for games. I stopped watching television about four or five years ago when I decided that shows have gone to crap and an aquarium would look much better than a big black box sitting on a nightstand. You can save a lot of money not paying for crap like honey boo boo or monster quest... a lot of money that can be put towards your animals or an adventure!

oooo35980

Arachnosquire
We gave up on cable years ago, we keep the internet around and our son watches kids shows on Netflix. Which is a bonus because no commercials to make him always go "I want, I want, I want" like I did when I was a kid.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I feel at this juncture a quote from Frank Zappa regarding TV is in order. (I'm the slime)

I am gross and perverted
Im obsessed n deranged
I have existed for years
But very little had changed
I am the tool of the government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can't look away
I make you think Im delicious
With the stuff that I say