Andy says Hi from Glasgow, Scotland

Andrew Murdoch

Arachnopeon
Hi there guys.
Well I got myself a Pinkfoot Goliath and I am waiting for it to be delivered. She is large, 17cm leg-span.
I have now made up a Tarantula room for my other T's and things are now looking good. (I have another 10. Salmon Pinks, Red Leg, Red Rump, Ornimentals, Mex Red Knee, Chile Rose).
My Pinkfoots vivarium has been set up and I have made a substrate with forrest bed, coconut coir, spagnum moss and vermiculite. I have a largish water bowl too. The temp is good as is the humidity acording to the homework I have done.
I have a few questions and would like to here your shared experiences.

I know this T is going to be a big eater, what would you guys suggest?

What would be the best way to keep the humidity high: should I spray as well as keep the substrate moist?

I have been trying to find the average lifespan of theis T and cant seem to find any info?

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and experiences.

Thanks.

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would recommend roaches for food they are easy to breed and make a very good meal for your T's. Also I wouldn't mist it does very little long term to help humidity. Make sure there is a water dish available, and what I do, when I fill my water dishes let it overflow a bit so the substrate can absorb some of that water. That will help keep the humidity up. Also you can cover part of the top of the cage with plexi or plastic wrap, etc. just make sure you leave enough open so the T still gets plenty of ventilation.