Androctonus bicolor

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Yeah, that's a really nice looking scorpion. As a side note, are there any other scorpions with really massive tails like that outside of buthids? Looking for ones that have really weak venom.

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
Yeah, that's a really nice looking scorpion. As a side note, are there any other scorpions with really massive tails like that outside of buthids? Looking for ones that have really weak venom.
Not really but a lot of Paravaejovis have decently fat metasomas.

The size of the tail literally shows how venomous it is :rolleyes:
There might be exceptions? But I can't think of any on the top of my head. All the Andrctonus are pretty deadly
Not true. Leiurus has a thin tail, for example

Mark8694

Arachnopeon
I just got a Tunisia fattail how often should I feed it? I've had it for 2 days now I gave him a small cricket yesterday an today. I also got a zoo med heating pad I put it under the tank should I always keep it on?

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Although they don't have a tail as thick as this beautiful scorpion I've recently bought a Paravaejovis confusus for the "hot" look but without needing a DWA license (UK). They have slight claws with a reasonably thick tail.

undeaddeaths

Arachnosquire
Although they don't have a tail as thick as this beautiful scorpion I've recently bought a Paravaejovis confusus for the "hot" look but without needing a DWA license (UK). They have slight claws with a reasonably thick tail.
Paravaejovis spinigerus as well, they are also quite angry little things.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Is there any known biological purpose behind this massive metasoma in some Buthid species?
That's a bloody good question. Never thought about that before as death stalkers only have slight tails. I can only guess it's down to maybe having to have the power to drive their sting into hard prey like beetles etcetera.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
That's a bloody good question. Never thought about that before as death stalkers only have slight tails. I can only guess it's down to maybe having to have the power to drive their sting into hard prey like beetles etcetera.
That is a very sound theory, thanks!