Andaman Islands pede?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
When I saw a Scolopendra heros pede back in the 80's, I couldn't believe it and got out my Guinness Book of World Records (from the 80's of course). I remember that it stated the world record centipede came from the Andaman Islands and that that pede species there could get a foot long. I know there is S. galapogoensis, and S. gigantea in S. America. Maybe it wasn't researched very well back then, and who really knows for sure. Anyway, I've been wondering for years what species of pede it was that the book claimed was the world record. Anybody have an idea? I'm thinking a form of S. subspinipes but can anybody give any more details?

TheForSaken

Arachnopeon
I can't help you out on the species, I always though the biggest recorded pede came from Centipede Island in Trinadad.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
did that book had any illustrations ?
Scolopendra hardwickei is also present on the Andaman and Nicobar islands, they can get pretty large but a foot long is a bit to much, but you know how things goes when describing the size of big centipedes ;)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
did the book say how they are measuing? when going for guinness type stuff they might include legs and ants