Amphibians?

SolFeliz

Arachnosquire
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, if not, please tell me.
I'm planning on getting a frog or toad, but I'm not sure what type to get. I quite want one that makes a nice loud noise ;)
Does anyone have any suggestions of which type I should get?

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, if not, please tell me.
I'm planning on getting a frog or toad, but I'm not sure what type to get. I quite want one that makes a nice loud noise ;)
Does anyone have any suggestions of which type I should get?
Milk frogs call. Are a nice size, beautiful and hardy.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yeah, they're beauties. Can you handle them? I'd like one I can handle, and doesn't eat massive insects (and fingers!)
To be honest amphibians shouldn't really be handled. You can of course handle them. I used to pick up my bullfrog with wet hands to transfer him to his feeding tub.

But they're not like lizards or snakes in that respect.

SolFeliz

Arachnosquire
To be honest amphibians shouldn't really be handled. You can of course handle them. I used to pick up my bullfrog with wet hands to transfer him to his feeding tub.

But they're not like lizards or snakes in that respect.
No I know but I don't mean handle in that way I mean is the skin poisonous. I'm not going to be picking it up etc,

silverhaze269

Arachnopeon
I had a "plain old" American Green Tree Frog that had quite the call on him. I think that its the males of the species that will have the calls, whereas the females are silent. So if you're looking for a frog that makes a loud noise, try and get a male

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Male Pacman frog will work and there are a lot of cool paint jobs with those.

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
Try pseudacris crucifer. They don't eat huge insects, have a nice call, and aren't toxic.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I acquired a couple of axolotls a few months ago, not very loud real easy to take care of and you can see them all the time.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I acquired a couple of axolotls a few months ago, not very loud real easy to take care of and you can see them all the time.
Not very loud? They don't make noise at all... And aren't frogs... Or were you joking?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is that a gray tree frog? I found some babies, aka, tadpoles, in a pond right down the street about a month ago. Great local frog along with the Green in my area.