Am I giving too much water to my Paralyzed Tarantula?

Kade135

Arachnopeon
I've been giving my Paralyzed T (Pepsis Sting) water droplets while it's on it's back, and it keeps on drinking the droplets in a matter of minutes. I can watch him drink it. I'm on like my 7th droplet of water, but I feel like it's so much? He's small, about 2 inches. Is there such thing as giving a Tarantula TOO much water? Should I keep giving him water if he's drinking it or should I stop? Should I do this daily?

sasker

Arachnoprince
I don't speak from personal experience, but what I've heard is that as long as the droplets are disappearing, your tarantula is drinking. If it stops drinking the droplets, it apparently had enough. How did your tarantula get stung by the wasp? Did it get in its enclosure somehow? Or is it a rescue spider?

sasker

Arachnoprince
Never mind. I just read your other post which explains it all :)

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I've been giving my Paralyzed T (Pepsis Sting) water droplets while it's on it's back, and it keeps on drinking the droplets in a matter of minutes. I can watch him drink it. I'm on like my 7th droplet of water, but I feel like it's so much? He's small, about 2 inches. Is there such thing as giving a Tarantula TOO much water? Should I keep giving him water if he's drinking it or should I stop? Should I do this daily?
Definitely keep going. If I'm not mistaken, you said in your other thread that it's abdomen was extremely small. So it's most likely dehydrated.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Agreed, keep going and when you notice the water isn't disappearing you can touch a q-tip to the water droplet on it's mouth and it will absorb it up.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I recommend keeping all the questions in one thread. Lets us keep up easier without switching between pages.

Kade135

Arachnopeon
I recommend keeping all the questions in one thread. Lets us keep up easier without switching between pages.
Sure thing, my mistake.
Agreed. I wonder if the 3 threads could be combined. I had wanted to follow this Ts journey.
If it's possible I'd really like to combine the threads, every thread wants updates on the Tarantula so I keep going thread to thread trying to update.

Sandykb

Arachnopeon
My tarantula can st stretch his legs. He cannot walk he doesn't lift himself off the ground will drink a little water. Is there anything other than water I can give him or her.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
My tarantula can st stretch his legs. He cannot walk he doesn't lift himself off the ground will drink a little water. Is there anything other than water I can give him or her.
You should make your own thread. And then tell us more about your T... what species? How big? What's the situation in general? And most importantly, post pictures of your T and the enclosure. :)

Kade135

Arachnopeon
hey there! My Tarantula made a full recovery and I still have her today. Other than water, I gave my T crushed up mealworm through a syringe. I had to crush up a meal worm to the point it was liquified, and add a TINY BIT of water mixed together, and then used it in the same syringe I used the water droplets. It’ll help them get their nutrients if needed, from my experience at least.