Alltheworld's itsy bitsy cutie baby thread

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful albo and great shots! :D

I hate flickr now too ... a 'nice looking' interface that's impossible to navigate. And what's this, no more access to 'Original' view???? GGRRRRRR!
The only thing comparable to flickr is probably 500px. Actually images look better there than they do on flickr.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I used to use that, and still have an account. I'll have to go see how much its changed since the last time I was over there.

netr

Arachnoknight
I hate flickr now too ... a 'nice looking' interface that's impossible to navigate. And what's this, no more access to 'Original' view???? GGRRRRRR!
Flickr has degenerated rather quickly recently, which is annoying as hell. Looks like it's targeting tablet users who browse images on the website itself, at the great functional expense of those uploading and managing the actual images. Leaves me, as we'd say in old Blighty, considerably cheesed off.

On-topic: great photos as always! Love the chromatus bum shot, and your coloratovillosus too. Looking forward to mine reaching that size.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your Phlogiellus sp. Palawan is gorgeous! Not familiar with that one.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Its been a while, and these are nothing special really, but I've had a few new molts and done some rehousing.

Here's a couple awkward photos of my N. tripepii (90% sure he's male via molt, but we'll check again next time). I realize I haven't ever taken a clear shot of him.

_IGP2522 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

_IGP2514 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

B. smithi confirmed female molted recently. She attacked my paintbrush RABIDLY when I tried to scoot her over for a better picture. Guess she's hungry.

_IGP2507 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

And this is the vivarium I made for my Nhandu coloratovillosus. I've had her the longest and I felt I owed it to her to make her a super nice home. Its all natural, mosses and plants, potting soil, seeded with springtails, a humidity gradient. I had misted the plant before putting her in, so it looks wetter than it is. She's over in the corner.

_IGP2505 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

_IGP2498 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
that Phlogiellus is spectacular!!

Oh wow. And when i clicked reply, it zoomed the image to full size, WOW. :worship:

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
More spideys.

G. rosea spiderling, picking up some color but..no size, really.
_IGP2832 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

Phrixotrichus scrofa (formerly Paraphysa, which is a genus that no longer exists)
_IGP2811 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

Avicularia braunshauseni, one of two, I think this is the girl...she's pretty amicable. Her brother on the other hand is a big old jerk face.
_IGP2802 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

Nhandu tripepii 99% sure male
_IGP2798 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

Aphonopelma cf eutylenum, adorable female (you thought I was gonna say adult, HA)
_IGP2784 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

And of course, the big Phlogiellus sp. Palawan molted again recently, and I tricked her into coming out for photos by pretending I was food. I apologized profusely afterward though for not actually feeding her when I was done assaulting her senses with the flash.
_IGP2779 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

_IGP2788 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

"food? OMG WHY IS IT SO BRIGHT YOU CRAZY LADY!"

---------- Post added 05-17-2014 at 09:52 AM ----------

Oh and there's a bunch of scorpion pictures over on the scorpion image thread of some of my guys, including a few new-ish and fancy ones (though C. gracilis is too stubborn to let me photo him). :) Go check them out!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Jacqueline! Good to see you back again.

That last photo is wonderful! :)

I've kind of let my T thread lapse too ... my enthusiasm has been captured by mantids lately, and I've been adding pics of them to my mantis thread here. I've taken tens of thousands of T images over the past five years or so ... I just didn't feel that there were any fresh ways to portray them. But mantids almost automatically make for wonderful images. I'm sure I'll continue to take T pictures again in time.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I'll have to check that out. I've just been not really feeling the photography thing anymore. It shows in my pictures, too. I don't really care. I do need a new lens, but I'm hesitant to buy one if the passion isn't returning. I was happy to get the shot of the little Pseudhapalopus though, its molted recently and getting pretty colorful.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Honestly, I can relate! There are times when I feel like just selling all of my equipment. It's surprising, and so unlike my usual pattern, to have been at it for as long as I have ... typically I'll find a new interest, hit it hard and then burn out after a month or two. But that hasn't happened this time, there always come more days when I pick up the camera again and realize how satisfying it is to me.

I've seen, especially on the non-T photos you've taken, that you really do have the eye of an artist ... so many of your photos are captivating to look at and show a real talent for composition.