All 19 types of Isopods I keep

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all,

I just made a video with an introduction to the nineteen types of isopod I keep...that includes morphs, not just species. Not a huge collection, but I love them, and maybe you will too:

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I love this! Thank you so much. I loved everything about it and now I need three more species.... :rolleyes: I'm hopeless. Wowzer; TITANS!

LittleOddIsopod

Arachnosquire
I love this! Thank you so much. I loved everything about it and now I need three more species.... :rolleyes: I'm hopeless. Wowzer; TITANS!
It’s a dangerous hobby!! You’ve been warned ;)

I’ve got 38 types and I am still finding things I need to get!

LittleOddIsopod

Arachnosquire
Great video! Just so you know, Montenegro has officially been given a scientific name. It is Armadillidium Klugii. Personally I preferred the name Montenegro, but I guess this is what we’re stuck with. I label them as Armadillidium Klugii “Montenegro” so that people know what I’m talking about, since many still aren’t aware of their new scientific name.
Hi all,

I just made a video with an introduction to the nineteen types of isopod I keep...that includes morphs, not just species. Not a huge collection, but I love them, and maybe you will too:

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great video! Just so you know, Montenegro has officially been given a scientific name. It is Armadillidium Klugii. Personally I preferred the name Montenegro, but I guess this is what we’re stuck with. I label them as Armadillidium Klugii “Montenegro” so that people know what I’m talking about, since many still aren’t aware of their new scientific name.
Thank you! I had been wondering if that name applied to this species, thanks for the confirmation!

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You’re very welcome, I am glad to know it is so appreciated! :D

mickiem

Arachnoprince
You’re very welcome, I am glad to know it is so appreciated! :D
I've probably watched a dozen times already! I've been keeping Isopods for a few years but I love the way you've organized this little segment. You gave lots of helpful info about each one. I'm going to need more enclosures....

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How does A. werneri factor into this? I admit I'm not as up on isopod taxonomy as other groups, so they could have been synonymized when I wasn't looking lol.

LittleOddIsopod

Arachnosquire
How does A. werneri factor into this? I admit I'm not as up on isopod taxonomy as other groups, so they could have been synonymized when I wasn't looking lol.
Personally I believe they are a subspecies, but they are classified as an entirely different species. As far as I’m aware, A. Werni is still classified as separate from Klugii, but I haven’t looked it up recently.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Personally I believe they are a subspecies, but they are classified as an entirely different species. As far as I’m aware, A. Werni is still classified as separate from Klugii, but I haven’t looked it up recently.
Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if it's some sort of regional distribution thing or if one is a potentially cryptic species. Time will tell I suppose!

EricSJCA

Arachnopeon
Which species have you seen successfully cohabit in equilibrium for over a year?
What allowed them to successfully cohabit without one eventually overwhelming the other?
Temperature, humidity, or light gradients?
Varied food or substrate?
Predation by a third party?

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
Saw this the other day, really good video!
Wtf happened in the comment section? :d

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Saw this the other day, really good video!
Wtf happened in the comment section? :d
Thank you!
Apparently there is a meme going around, ‘Real Isopod Hours’ is supposed to mean the time in which people seek for a nocturnal snack. Strange, but it has brought a lot of people to my video!