Albino Black Rat snake

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What do you do when you find that your 5' rat snake has somehow excaped and is hiding inside your couch?

You get a pair of scissors and tell the couch your sorry.

Time to sow the couch back together.

*No snakes were harmed during this process...* It's been one heck of a week for me needless to say.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
haha...im sorry but when i was a kid i had a corn snake named (hudini) that got out of every cage i put him in but one. and once i found him in the couch. also i have to inform you that there cant be a "albino black rat snake" because if it was albino it wouldnt be black..but it can be an "albino rat snake".....sorry i had to clarify.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I had to cut a ball python out of my couch once haha. Lucky for me all my furniture at the time was crap.

Later, Tom

Only Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha...im sorry but when i was a kid i had a corn snake named (hudini) that got out of every cage i put him in but one. and once i found him in the couch. also i have to inform you that there cant be a "albino black rat snake" because if it was albino it wouldnt be black..but it can be an "albino rat snake".....sorry i had to clarify.
Sure there is dude i had a nice cb adult pair a few years ago they make great pets.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
uhhh...how?:? doesnt albino mean that its albino, and lacks normal coloration? it could be an albino rat snake yes. but how can it be a "black albino rat snake"? a black rat snake is well uhhh.....black. therefore couldnt be an albino. abino rat snake would have red eyes, orange to red with white markings....not black.... now a luetistic will have black eyes, and an all white body therefore it isnt "albino" if you can prove me wrong please do. but with pictures please.

Only Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Babies/juvies will eventually lose most of the pattern as they grow. Look into it:)

agama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow,thats a combination a albino-black rat snake

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Babies/juvies will eventually lose most of the pattern as they grow. Look into it:)
yes, but there still can not be a BLACK albino rat snake. with or without patterns. again its either an "albino rat snake" or a "albino black rat snake"

DavidD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ummmmm. Does that mean if I have a indian ornamental in Manassas it makes it a manassas ornamental? If I have a milk snake that fovors water does that make it a water snake? Albinisim is the depletion of the red pigment. If a black person is albino they are not white in race are they.
Black rat snakes are panterophis obseletus obseletus. White sided, albino, grape albino, calico cow sucker, lemon rat, calico, and brindle. All of these are still Pantherophis Obseletus Obseletus.

http://www.applegatereptiles.com/species/albblkrat.htm

ErinKelley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh Wow, reminds of the time Lucifer (a rather large 6 foot Taiwan beauty snake) got into the couch. That was the only time I got bit really good by him. Not 1 minute after creeping down in there he got SUPER defensive and made it very clear to me that he did NOT want to come out of the comfy warm couch lol! I was bleeding pretty good..

Only Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ummmmm. Does that mean if I have a indian ornamental in Manassas it makes it a manassas ornamental? If I have a milk snake that fovors water does that make it a water snake? Albinisim is the depletion of the red pigment. If a black person is albino they are not white in race are they.
Black rat snakes are panterophis obseletus obseletus. White sided, albino, grape albino, calico cow sucker, lemon rat, calico, and brindle. All of these are still Pantherophis Obseletus Obseletus.

http://www.applegatereptiles.com/species/albblkrat.htm
Thank you for explaining David. I really have no desire of arguing back & forth with Cody some people are just set in their way's... so be it;)

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yes, but there still can not be a BLACK albino rat snake. with or without patterns. again its either an "albino rat snake" or a "albino black rat snake"
lol cody you're the only one in this thread that has said "black albino rat snake". Faing stated it correctly in the beginning ;)
I know I freaked when my cali banded king got out (thanks to the cat). Found him behind the tv cart but I was reaaaally close to cutting open my couch to find him.

Last edited:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
butit isnt correct. thats why i mentioned it!...how can a albino be a "black albino" ? albino means lack of pigment.....yes i may be picky but it is till wrong. and no if a black man or woman was albino they would be "albino black men and women" not black albino men and women" stating the word black first means black would be the prominant color, there fore not being albino. morphology is tricky but it is exact. now i can see it being called an albino black rat snake. meaning it is the albino version of a black rat snake. but if it was a black albino rat snake. it would be pointless and not albino. last 2 cents.

DavidD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
butit isnt correct. thats why i mentioned it!...how can a albino be a "black albino" ? albino means lack of pigment.....yes i may be picky but it is till wrong. and no if a black man or woman was albino they would be "albino black men and women" not black albino men and women" stating the word black first means black would be the prominant color, there fore not being albino. morphology is tricky but it is exact. now i can see it being called an albino black rat snake. meaning it is the albino version of a black rat snake. but if it was a black albino rat snake. it would be pointless and not albino. last 2 cents.
It dose'nt Effing matter what you call it! Call it a friggin albino chicken snake same thing. It is th species not the color

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It dose'nt Effing matter what you call it! Call it a friggin albino chicken snake same thing. It is th species not the color
Okay, it feels kind of sad saying this but I was referring to the fact that is was "albino" and its species was a "black rat snake". I would assume that you could also have a snake that was "albino" and be a "yellow rat snake" even though I have never seen or heard of one yet.

No frustration needed. the wording is weird but "albino black rat snake" is appropriate as "black albino rat snake" is not. No where did I say that the snake had any black on him. Let's move along now into a different frame of mind (whether this makes sense to anyone or not).

Here's a pic:

and it's true: they make good pets :D

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Way off topic, but this debate reminds me of my mother always saying Green Fried Tomatoes" in reference to the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes". For some reason it makes me nuts!:D

Only Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just shoot me & get it over with already... Does the word dildo mean anything?!?lol