Ahh Legs!!!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
umm ya my emp scorpion ive had him/her for about 4 months now and between the second and first month he lost his right back leg..and today he lost his left back leg? i do not know the cause? has this happened to ne of yours? or do you think you know the cause? he should be fine right? he should start growing back when he molts? thank you...

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
unfortunately they will not regenerate...

possably a mycosis infection??

reacka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
loss of a leg

my scorp just lost its leg after the moult. I don't know how to explain that. i seriously doubt it was caused by some infection.

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Legs can be lost during molts, and after molts they are very soft and fragile it would be easy for the leg to be removed after a molt. And only rarely does regeneration through molts occur unless its a very small wound.

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have two emps in a communal set up and was wondering:? Should I seperate them if it seems that one might molt?

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Depends on the size, and the agression that they show towards each other. If one is much smaller and is going to molt, i would suggest removal, also if there very aggresive towards eachother i would also suggest removal. To be safe its a good idea.

reacka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the loss doesn't seem to be affecting it at all. i could've been during or after that it happened. Question, after they molt, do they not eat for awhile?

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cashewman1 said:
Depends on the size, and the agression that they show towards each other. If one is much smaller and is going to molt, i would suggest removal, also if there very aggresive towards eachother i would also suggest removal. To be safe its a good idea.
They are about the same size pretty much and they seem to make a pretty loving couple with the occasional fight for food which never actually turns into a fight. One just usually lets go and lets the other have it. I think I'll leave them.

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But be wary that u should not place any food in the cage of a scorpion while it is molting, they are soft enough to be susceptible to damage from the said prey, if the prey thinks the scorp tastes good. This means leaving the two in the same tank while one has just molted you will not be able to feed the other one until its exo hardens, This week long period may cause the other scorp to be come famished and decide a chewy cannibalistic snack would be delicious! So id feed a lot before molt and then remove all food after molt. Just make sur ehte non molt scorp is stuffed before the other one molts.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
reacka said:
Question, after they molt, do they not eat for awhile?

It take about a week for them to harden up so a food drop should wait for atleast that long as well

Last edited:

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cashewman1 said:
But be wary that u should not place any food in the cage of a scorpion while it is molting, they are soft enough to be susceptible to damage from the said prey, if the prey thinks the scorp tastes good.
No food for at least a week or they will be da food

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have scorpions who regenrate part of its defected claw from birth.. untill 4th instar so far, still regentrating slowy, if its partial and small, it will slowly regenrate and it will appear small, unlike spiders it will not regentrate fully :(

also ive encounter deaths form scorpions when its attack by the roach which burrowed and hide under for weeks and i though it was taken :8o , only to see it munching on my half molted desert scorp. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

yes.. and no foood for a week or so..introduce only when it regains its darker form ( when they moult they look very much lighter in colour).. then try intro food.. thats a good way to judge (weather the exo-skeleton had harden) {D