Agitated P. Antinous

spideyboy

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, for the last month or so my subadult female P. Antinous has been vigorously trying to escape its enclosure. Humidity is fine. Temp around 75. No mites. At first I thought its enclosure was too small so I moved it into a larger tank but it did the same thing. I'm not too experienced with P. Antinous. Is this normal for them?
Thanks,
Jared

spideyboy

Arachnopeon
No actually a bit on the drier side, but there's a water dish and i cover a good portion of the tank top for humidity. i have about 15 other spiders with similar setups that are fine. So I'm thinking it just may be a quirk.

spideyboy

Arachnopeon
IMG_20130801_215747_779.jpg

I'm trying to move all my spiders over to tarantula-cages.com type cages but couldn't get my hands on one recently so I settled for the standard fish tank.

spideyboy

Arachnopeon
The last pic is the one I put the Antinous into but it was still agitated and climbing the walls and walking on the top upside down...

Munch

Arachnosquire
It may be bugged by all the crickets in there (no pun intended)

Munch

Arachnosquire
Do you ever think they stretch before they start to go into premolt and turn reclusive?

spideyboy

Arachnopeon
I usually notice the T's stretching after molts. I doubt this spider is in pre-molt as it molted a couple months ago although I guess it's possible. Kicked off a ton of hairs and the bald spot is peach-colored, no signs of darkening.

Munch

Arachnosquire
It may climb just because it can, my g.rosea climbed her cage after she molted. Tarantulas are mysterious young jedi.

spideyboy

Arachnopeon
ya i hear ya. it tries to bite through the top with its fangs though. i guess i'll just give it some time, hopefully it is some pre-molt behavior. Thanks for your help.