aggressive scorps

super-pede

Arachnobaron
What species of scorps are the most aggressive?just want to know as I would like to purchase a aggressive scorp that is fairly large.just post from experience,thanks.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Although I wouldn't exactly call them aggressive (defensive is more applicable IMO), the Hadrurus I've kept have been pretty feisty.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It depends on what you mean by aggressive. None of them will seek out trouble. I think genus Centruroides has some of the most aggressive feeders. They'll take prey item larger than they are. A few get pretty good sized. I have a gracilis male that I raised to adulthood that is well over 3".

John

Sarcastro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It varies from individual to individual..you could get a calm andro or tityus,and you could get super nasties..take me for instance I have had a calm A.bicolor it could care less what I was doing as long as I didn't touch it.the others would go ape s#@t as soon as you open the enclosure.I have now a "super" aggressive H.longimanus that will literally climb out of his tub and chase you around the room if you let him.

(I need to get the H.longimanus on video cause it crazy hilarious)

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Although I wouldn't exactly call them aggressive (defensive is more applicable IMO), the Hadrurus I've kept have been pretty feisty.
This is probably the OP's best choice. It is a large desert scorpion; the one I had was very aggresive. It readily stings it's prey. This is also a great scorpion for beginners because if you get tagged it isn't medically significant at all (unless you are allergic) I enjoyed my H.A

sfpearl300z

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Both my Opistopthalmus and my Heterometrus (glabrifronis and laoticus) are very aggressive/defensive now that they have become comfortable with their territory. They would happily murder anything that looks at them from the second I open the enclosure.

Last edited:

TheScorpionLord

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol that is pretty cool man, I only heard a couple of spiders and ant species do that, and they both come from Australia.

It varies from individual to individual..you could get a calm andro or tityus,and you could get super nasties..take me for instance I have had a calm A.bicolor it could care less what I was doing as long as I didn't touch it.the others would go ape s#@t as soon as you open the enclosure.I have now a "super" aggressive H.longimanus that will literally climb out of his tub and chase you around the room if you let him.

(I need to get the H.longimanus on video cause it crazy hilarious)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm tired of seeing these threads on "which is the most dangerous?" "which is the meanest" "which can i scare my friends with"

or "I would like to purchase a aggressive scorp that is fairly large"

That's just me; on topic.
My emperors are my meanest scorpions. My jacksoni play dead and I can move my H. Arizonensis with my bare hands.

To be safe, Asian Forest Scorpion. Theyre mean, big, and fairly harmless.

Sarcastro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol that is pretty cool man, I only heard a couple of spiders and ant species do that, and they both come from Australia.
You're thinking of Myrmecia(bulldog ants).I had a run in with them when I was in Australia studying Varanus

super-pede

Arachnobaron
I've owned some quinqestriatus and some hottentottas and numerous forest scorps so I am not a beginner.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've owned some quinqestriatus and some hottentottas and numerous forest scorps so I am not a beginner.
well you've named some of the most defensive.
some.
androctonus bicolor? Austrius?

Sarcastro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the only Andro I was ever a fan of was bicolor,and I didn't care for LQ's either thats probably why I stopped keeping them.my fave's are centruroides,Hottentotta and dwarf species (I just find them fascinating) which can be aggressive/defensive.

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
whats an aggressive scorpion? do you mean aggressive eaters?

non are out to sting humans, you will never have a caged beast like a mini dragon lol.

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Aggressive....Probably the correct term would be defensive.
If that's the case then my vote would go to most species of Androctonus or even the Scorpio Maurus can get a bit on the defensive side.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think aggressive=defensive in this circumstance. If it plays dead or runs and hides when you disturb it, that would not be "aggressive". If a scorpion's first reaction is to start waving it's tail and holding it's ground, that's what is meant by "aggressive" here. OP can correct me if I'm wrong.

OP could also be referring to aggression feeding, but I think these both go hand in hand. An extremely defensive scorpion, will generally be an aggressive feeder as well.