African Millipede babies issue

Algae

Arachnopeon
I have had a pair of African Blacks for a year now that, when not eating or sleeping, mate. They mate constantly but I have yet to see any babies. Is it that the babies are dieing after hatching? What are the most common causes of this? I have them in coconut substrate, keep it somewhat moist, have two pieces of decaying wood buried, and feed, lettuce, cucumbers and oak leaves when I can get them. (Btw, I can't acquire oak leaves very easily. How are maple leaves?)

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How deeps your substrate? They need deep substrate for burrowing and to help maintain humidity. We didn't notice our first babies for almost a year after we had our adults. Also try burrowing some food in the substrate, where the young can find it, they don't travel far. Also I would also offer a greater variety of foods: apple, banana, cantaloupe, carrot, chicken mash (I prefer Purina Mills Sunfresh Recipe Layena), corn, cucumber, decomposing oak leaves, decomposing oak wood, dry dog kibble, fish food, green beans, green pepper, hermit crab diet/cookies, leaf lettuce, melons, mushrooms (love sliced portobello), peanut butter, pear, potato, pumpkin (cut in large pieces, skin on), romaine lettuce (red or green), spinach, squash, sweet potato, tomato (split), water melon. I also sent you a PM.

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
Maple leaves are good too IME. Just make sure they are all dried out and not sappy.