African Flat Rock

Chilopet

Arachnopeon
I just got a troglodytes this week. I havent found much info in any literature about the proper climate for them. Every source I find only says "Keep them dry" and 75 to 80 degrees. I currently have his tank with a bottom layer of rock and a top layer of coconut and sand. Does anyone have any other ideas?

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is an interesting article.

Here is how I keep my olive keeled flatrocks:

I drilled holes in a rubbermaid container, and put in a 1/2 inch of fine gravel. I cut an entrance out of a plastic flowerpot dish for a hide, and used a glazed flowerpot dish for a water dish. I put a small peice of plastic aqarium plant in the dish to prevent drowning crickets. I feed one cricket a week (if they are hungry), and never mist.

They seem to thrive in this setup.

Chilopet

Arachnopeon
I already have the rocks covered, I was wondering about substrate and humidity mostly

Chilopet

Arachnopeon
Tyrel, do you have more than one scorp in a single enclosure? That's another thing I was wondering about. All the literature says to keep hadogenes seperate, but I have heard that some people have had no problems with keeping them in a communal set up.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ive heard people havnt had problems keeping male/female pairs together, but thats about it.

Also for humidity keep the substrate dry with a water dish and light mist maybe once a month or so.

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chilopet said:
Tyrel, do you have more than one scorp in a single enclosure? That's another thing I was wondering about. All the literature says to keep hadogenes seperate, but I have heard that some people have had no problems with keeping them in a communal set up.
No, I keep mine seperated. I might be able to pull that off in a 20 gallon, but I want to save that for a big ol' centipede. ;)