african fat-tailed

jesters22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i used to have a African fat-tailed gecko. it grew to about a 10 inch long and lived bout 13 years.. which as i am told from the exotic vet that it was an exceptionally long time..

well now i want another one.. cuz the first "freddy" was such an awesome pet..

anyone know wat a good site is to get one?

boidaddic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yea i know what you mean about the longevity and hardiness of these guys i've had mine for almost 11 years and he was an adult when i got him :eek:
But to answer your question these guys have a great reputation
http://www.theurbangecko.com/availability_african.html

I dont see any normals availabe on the site but i'm sure if you call them they can get you set up or atleast let you know when they have some available.
Peace,
Eric

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Checkout the KS classifieds. And do yourself a favor, buy on CB. They are still heavily imported, and many don't last long without meds. I had a male that was 17 when I traded him off, so a true timeline would be hard to say. But I would say 15-20 for well kept animals.

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If i remember right the longest life span recorded for a leopard gecko was 23years. Some zoo has the record, want to say the bronx but its been 12yrs since i read that world records book!

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If i remember right the longest life span recorded for a leopard gecko was 23years. Some zoo has the record, want to say the bronx but its been 12yrs since i read that world records book!

theres been older ones if you ask me.

ive heard stories of them living for 25+ years, and if you look somewhere on leopardgecko.com ron tremper wrote about one that apparently lived for 26 years i think. (might have been 29 can remember offhand)

but yea, know one will ever know how long a leopard gecko can live, only estimates.

just my two cents on that

-k-train